Interior BC GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rx7man

Cattle Rubbing Post
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't much of one, but Revelstoked (Matt) and I did have a little fun at my buddy's place in falkland...

Unfortunately (or fortunately perhaps) there were no videos or pictures taken... we had a late start and time change messed things up good, we fell a few danger trees (cottonwoods and a spruce) and walked out alive.. the spruce was leaning on a cottonwood, and had been ripped up and twisted from a little tornado or something, it was 'interesting' to try and get it cut without getting pinched, with a lot of relief cutting I managed it, but it didn't want to free itself from the (live) cottonwood, so that had to come down too.. I went to work on that one with the Manhattan project, and I got about 4" into it and water POURED out of the tree, I'm talking a couple gallons.. it gave the saw some grief, I think it inhaled some of it, and it certainly didn't help oiling the b&c.. it was pretty sketchy working on it, I had a small undercut, and I cut darned near all the way to it and there was no way it wanted to come down, which was really weird, I got a wedge and hammer and finally got it down.

I ran the 064 a bit, it had the sharpest chain, 24" bar, I enjoyed it.

Matt was working on another tree with his 066 during some of this time and I'm not quite sure what happened, I don't think he pulled out in time while cutting a leaner and it came down on his bar, I do know that he had to take the powerhead off, and the 32" bar looked like a banana... it was mashed into the ground pretty darned good.. we figured it was pretty hopeless to rescue it, but I cut a slice off the tree so it would relieve the pressure on the bar without having the tree come down more, and I was astonished.. the bar came out perfectly straight!!
We all breathed a sigh of relief after that.. it would have been a shame.

I kinda figured that. It sounds like you guys had fun. Its not everyday you get to mash a bar and get it back straight.

Latest posts

Back