interviewing questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all of the replies guys!
We hired a guy and he starts the 15th. He had a great interview and seems like a hard worker (his interview reminded me of myself). I guess we will see what happens with him. He has an associates degree from a tech school but hasn't had any work since he graduated, 2010. I think he was in a situation where he didn't want to venture out of his hometown and what not. He interned for a large company and he remember what all of the gear was called and talked about tree biology and what not so he seemed like he can actually remember things, which is more than some other people i know.... I guess we will see what happens! thanks again for all of the feedback.

First Questions to ask

1. How much time have you done and for what.
2. How many cases of beer a week.
3. What drugs are you currently taking and what are you on right now.
4. Who cut your hair and what are the lines on the side of your head for.
5. When was the last time you washed your jeans.
6. What happened to the sleeves on your shirt?
7. When can you get your license back
8. What is the name of your PO
9. How many fines do you still owe.
10. Why do all your shirts have the number 3 on them

Coon Skin Man Tells All - YouTube

I live such a sheltered life.

Down here in the south(Ar. La border) the first thing I ask is do you have your own climbing gear.then I ask can you pass a drug test at any time.Then I give them a saw and tell them to crank it correctly and make afew cuts for me.Ill ask them to go get the portawrap for me,if they can do that I ask bout a drivers license ,most of the time it's UGH well.We work a Skelton crew and a man needs a license.kinda picky ,I guess that's the reason we have a Skelton crew.Oh well

Good advice,, they can all sing a song, but can't all play.

I recently had a fellow respond to my yard sign, and showed to the job looking outfitted. Older steel toed boots, decent pants, tight shirt. Spoke the lingo. Turned out to be 35, (looked 18). Turned out he could barely pull brush.

:)

give him a nut and bolt, if he can screw the nut on the bolt with out thinking about it, go from there

ask him how to change the spark plugs in a diesel engine

look at his shoes.......sneakers aren't for workin men

you either need an experienced guy, or a quick learner

gotta be able to fit in with crew -pretty important

drivers license?....? check it, they lie..

go with your gut...

if you need some talent, make them prove it to you...with an arranged climb

Sneakers aren't for working men? Says a guy who must not have foot problems. I can work all day until my feet just give out in pain. Sneakers allow me to work a whole lot longer than work boots even with orthotics. If its a job where steel toes are required well you got me there. Hell, rubber hunting boots are easier on the feet than work boots.

I read a scientific article once that was attempting to determine the best footwear for runners. Many different running shoes were evaluated for long term comfort and fatigue.

Army boots were the winner. Not for the fastest runner, just the most comfortable, long distance runner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back