Introducing the Chainmeister

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the link, Philbert. I am working up a more formal presentation in that thread.

This thread has been very valuable to us. Normally I will take blind criticism with the value of bathroom stall graffiti. However, even though many opinions expressed here are based on never having held or used the new device and no actual direct experience, those opinions still matter. They matter very much to us. They are 'first impressions' and it has been said that first impressions are everything.

Of the hundreds of arborists, loggers and foresters who have seen and touched this device throughout its development, their first impressions were markedly different. The value here is that everyone's collective opinions are letting us view this project through a much wider lens.

We will eventually close this thread, but not until everyone has had their say. And since these are your halls, I will ask permission before asking a moderator to close it down. Or maybe we won't close this thread. Depends how you feel about that.

As far as the ChainMeister thread Philbert has posted above, that is in Treestuff's sponsor section. They want a clear, complete, uncluttered presentation on this device, beginning-to-end and just to let you know up-front, it is not a discussion thread (yet). It will be an online presentation that, at the conclusion, will be opened to public discussion. Any post until that time will be deleted by a moderator. This is not censorship, it is a desired presentation format at the request of the sponsor.

THIS thread is a public discussion, and again I truly thank all those who have contributed.

Thank you for the link, Philbert. I am working up a more formal presentation in that thread.

This thread has been very valuable to us. Normally I will take blind criticism with the value of bathroom stall graffiti. However, even though many opinions expressed here are based on never having held or used the new device and no actual direct experience, those opinions still matter. They matter very much to us. They are 'first impressions' and it has been said that first impressions are everything.

Of the hundreds of arborists, loggers and foresters who have seen and touched this device throughout its development, their first impressions were markedly different. The value here is that everyone's collective opinions are letting us view this project through a much wider lens.

We will eventually close this thread, but not until everyone has had their say. And since these are your halls, I will ask permission before asking a moderator to close it down. Or maybe we won't close this thread. Depends how you feel about that.

As far as the ChainMeister thread Philbert has posted above, that is in Treestuff's sponsor section. They want a clear, complete, uncluttered presentation on this device, beginning-to-end and just to let you know up-front, it is not a discussion thread (yet). It will be an online presentation that, at the conclusion, will be opened to public discussion. Any post until that time will be deleted by a moderator. This is not censorship, it is a desired presentation format at the request of the sponsor.

THIS thread is a public discussion, and again I truly thank all those who have contributed.

Are you a site sponsor?

I would like to share a photo with all of you. I took this awhile back. It has nothing to do with the ChainMeister, except that like the ChainMeister, the actual files are a part of my overall sharpening system.

I use 4 sizes of files to cover the two sizes of chain I am currently running.

View attachment 303548

The picture is of the plastic storage box. My four boxes of files fit very well inside it. Note the gasket running around the perimeter? And the locking cam latches? This baby is waterproof, and it will not spill your files if it takes a fall off your shelf and hits the floor. I think would be good, also, in coastal areas.

Treestuff does not sell these, but Bass Pro shops does, as well as many sporting goods or department stores that host a fishing department. The manufacturer name is Plano and it can be gotten at a really reasonable price.

Thanks. Looks useful. It looks like the compartments can be set up individually to suit a users requirements. I'm wondering how this would go with files and differing sizes of straps/presets/etc? Are there any gaps in the compartments that such little items will slip through? If not, it could be a good buy for a file/repair parts storage box.

Latest posts

Back