Iowa Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thats great but I don't live in Chicago, thats about 1 1/2 hrs from me. :msp_biggrin:

I thought about folding the rear seat down but that means the beer cooler would have to ride shotgun in the front seat. :hmm3grin2orange:

Slide the front seat all the way forward, it'll sit right behind there, and you can cover it with a jacket if it needs "shade".:msp_thumbup:

Well thats great but I don't live in Chicago, thats about 1 1/2 hrs from me. :msp_biggrin:

I thought about folding the rear seat down but that means the beer cooler would have to ride shotgun in the front seat. :hmm3grin2orange:

Btw, Seans was about eight hours. Shut up and drive!:msp_tongue:

Certainly sounds like a plan Mike.

For some, a GTG is like a family pot luck and it gives them a chance to show off one of their signature dishes. For others the eating portion is rather inconsequential.

If you want to and are able to put some food on the table no one will turn it down. Just don't feel like you have to provide anything fancy for a bunch of wannbe lumberjacks and sawyers.

I will plan on bringing a large cooler with water and soft drinks in any case.

Mark

Sure would like to go. Have to see if we're not in the field or not. :)

That is going to be the key. We could be just starting or near done. May not even be started yet as every spring is different . We have planted corn from April 20 through Fathers Day.

Bill

I went to college at Iowa State in Ames, a long time ago but I seem to remember the "Belle Plaine/What Cheer" exit on I-80. A town named What Cheer tends to stick in your memory even after so many years - and Belle Plaine also by association with it.

BTW I never made the trek to What Cheer to find out what it was that made the people so happy. Or Belle Plaine either for that matter. But I sure was curious.

Back