Iridium Spark Plugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ngk br6hix is the closest iridium equivalent, i've been running it close to 6 years on a stihl FS280. For some reason i did have to re-adjust the carb immediately after switching to iridium, so something did change.

Run a 1mm extra copper washer if you're concerned about the ground strap hitting the piston,

Ngk br6hix is the closest iridium equivalent, i've been running it close to 6 years on a stihl FS280. For some reason i did have to re-adjust the carb immediately after switching to iridium, so something did change.

Run a 1mm extra copper washer if you're concerned about the ground strap hitting the piston,
No expiereance with a FS280. With that said most trimmers, saws, etc run projected tip plugs and for good reason. BRH6IX is not a projected tip plug.
Tuning changes by the day and has nothing to do with changing plugs.

No expiereance with a FS280. With that said most trimmers, saws, etc run projected tip plugs and for good reason. BRH6IX is not a projected tip plug.
Tuning changes by the day and has nothing to do with changing plugs.
I live in a tropical climate so no, the weather over here is consistently hot. Switched back to a new stihl ngk copper just to verify and it ran too rich.
I like the throttle response it has on iridium. In my country the oem stihl plug is almost as expensive as the br6hix.

The same type of iridium plug was also ran on a stihl blower(sr430) that ate through oem stihl plugs in 4 tanks. Iridium lasted around 40 tanks before it burned, dealership over here couldn't figure out what was wrong with it so this was the solution.

I once ran the br6hix on a ms250 chainsaw as well but the air cleaner doesn't seat properly due to lack of space.

Projected tip for good reason? In 6 years of hard daily usage i would have noticed the drawbacks by now don't you think?

I live in a tropical climate so no, the weather over here is consistently hot. Switched back to a new stihl ngk copper just to verify and it ran too rich. Same story for throttle response.
I like the throttle response it has on iridium. In my country the oem stihl plug is almost as expensive as the br6hix.

The same type of iridium plug was also ran on a stihl blower(sr430) that ate through oem stihl plugs in 4 tanks. Iridium lasted around 40 tanks before it burned, dealership over here couldn't figure out what was wrong with it so this was the solution.

I once ran the br6hix on a ms250 chainsaw as well but the air cleaner doesn't seat properly due to lack of space.

Projected tip for good reason? In 6 years of hard daily usage i would have noticed the drawbacks by now don't you think?
Spark plugs don't change tuning unless the plug is about shot. If it makes you feel better that it did, have at it. There is no magic involved with these plugs.
Iridium plugs advantage is the electrode doesn't degrade, but the low end iridium you used doesn't even do that because the ground strap is still steel and it erodes away like any plug.
The projected tip plug lasts longer because it runs cleaner and it also runs cooler too because the tip is more exposed to fresh charge.

Back