iron & oak splitter for $3800? good deal or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treecutterjr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I can't tell if this is the 22 or 30 ton unit. But I am thinking of digging in the piggy bank and picking it up first thing in the morning? I've already got about orders for 20 face cords now (and its not even cold yet). I usually do about 200 face cords a year and I think this might increase production. Any thoughts? Anyone ever use The Iron & Oak splitters? I only ever used the little Huskee 22 HORIZONtal/vertical splitters. what you guys think? good buy?

Log Splitter - $3850 (Louisville)

image 1image 2
This is an Iron and Oak brand ( ironandoak.com ) commercial log splitter. A typical home owner splitter is not even in the same class as this beast. I bought it new from the manufacture because I was tired of the painfully slow box store units I have owned. It can be run by one person and still split way, way more wood than a home owner version in the same given time. When operated to capacity it will keep three people busy and split an unbelievable amount of wood. It has a hydraulic log lift that will lift a 24" green oak log without breathing hard. The lift doubles as a working table. A hydraulically operated 4-way wedge almost doubles the amount of wood split when being used. It can be raised to a position that provides the log size you want. An auto cycle feature automatically splits a log and returns the ram while the operator gets another log ready. But even when used in the manual mode it is two to three times faster than some splitters because of a two stage pump that provides a 7 second cycle time. Bottom line is this machine is a beast and blazing fast. My best guess is that it has between 75-100 hours on it and it shows. It operates and runs as new. I built a cage around the 11 HP Honda engine to protect it from ant falling logs. Sells new for $6500.00.

I have the 22 ton IO. They build a fantastic splitter. Price seems good. Still reckon if your counting out $100 bills you might be able to haggle a bit.

SB

I have the I&O 22 ton model with slip on and off 4 way - not adjustable, no lift. I LOVE it. I've split somewhere between 350-400 full cords with it since buying it 5 years ago. I did have to replace the control valve once which cost me around $130 if memory serves me correct. The 4 way wedge is awesome! I say buy it and let us know how much you like it after using it the first time.

I got that splitter and habe been getting busy. I can tell a huge difference from my Huskee 22ton vertical splitters. No bending. manuevering big giant logs. The only thing that i WIS IS THAT THE hitch was on the other end of the splitter. having it on the same end as the wedge sucks but. taking it off/ putting it back on. I think I may look for a timberwolf tw-5,6,or7 to add to my firewood fleet. now my huskees just sit collecting dust. I've been thinking of using them as rental units. home depot gets $100 a day in my neck of the woods.

Latest posts

Back