Is 8hp right

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a booboo-But the 120 was a hot saw by all accounts. I have the 120si and it is the fastest saw I've ever owned-I own bigger saws but the 120si screams through the cuts

1hp = .75 Kw so it's closer to 5hp which still sounds pretty peppy.

1 hp is roughly 750 watts or .75kw, that would make it about 4.9 hp. Sachs Dolmar sometimes printed some out of sight hp numbers for some of their saws.

Mack, If we were talking about an Echo chainsaws your post would be perfect.

The only Echo's I see, are the one that came from HD and have never seen the right fuel/oil mix. "It ran good for a few minutes, then it just quit", or "Oil? there's oil in the oil tank". At least one or two a week of these. They could have put out 25hp for all I know, I never saw one run.

Mack said:
1 hp is roughly 750 watts or .75kw, that would make it about 4.9 hp. Sachs Dolmar sometimes printed some out of sight hp numbers for some of their saws.

The 8 hp is hp SAE, and far from the same thing as the hp/bhp usually discussed today. I have seen the Stihl 090 listed as both 13 and 15 hp, but that was also hp SAE.

3.7 kW = 5.07 hp = 4.96 bhp, or something very close to that.

Back