Is "Bar-Oil" made for *Suckers* ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
My guess is the folks at Stihl have thought about this, even prior to reading your post, and have tested different formulations to see what works best.

+1. Not only Stihl I suppose.
Men have been toting saws around since the twenties and if we use a typically developed bar oil for these tools today, one may assume that there is good reason for it. So much to read, so little time. ;)

2000ssm6

2000ssm6

Stihl User
Gary and Space should have a private conversation between themselves as they add little content.........well said Daemon. The man is here to hear the discussion on his thread.

This is a waste of thread. Search!!!!!

If you don't know to use bar oil then don't use a saw. It doesn't matter what brand, just get some dam bar oil, Sithl of course:pumpkin2:

04ultra

04ultra

"Out of Control"
. AS Supporting Member.
9.98 for a gallon of Husky brand bar oil at Lowes, how can that be,LOL And here you Husky lovers were bashing Stihl for selling at 7.99, hows the crow taste fellers,LOL

Just got off the phone with my local Husky dealer's and both charge 9.35 a gallon for Husky bar oil...I just cant believe that there giving me a better deal then a box store......I need to go buy some...It must be worth the price seeing that it says Husky on the bottle...

Last edited:
rreidnauer

rreidnauer

ArboristSite Operative
9.98 for a gallon of Husky brand bar oil at Lowes, how can that be,LOL And here you Husky lovers were bashing Stihl for selling at 7.99, hows the crow taste fellers,LOL

Yep!!! Won't be catching me buying that any time soon!!!

Really, the solution is simple. Instead of worrying about what oil best protects the B&C from heat/wear, simply limit what causes heat/wear in the first place.

Keep your chains sharp. (not that it hasn't been said time, and time again)

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Yep!!! Won't be catching me buying that any time soon!!!

Really, the solution is simple. Instead of worrying about what oil best protects the B&C from heat/wear, simply limit what causes heat/wear in the first place.

Keep your chains sharp. (not that it hasn't been said time, and time again)

All kidding aside good point RR. As for bar oil its very simple, ya gotta have it to run a saw. If I'm in the middle of a job I don't give a rip in hell if it cost 15.00 a gallon, the issue is to get the job done....

Last edited:

Latest posts