Is "Bar-Oil" made for *Suckers* ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you can find the green and the black bottles at Lowes and Tractor supply right along with the Huskies

I wish I could find the black poulan pro bottles at all those places, heck I would take the poulan green in a pinch at all those places too.
:bowdown: ;)

My guess is the folks at Stihl have thought about this, even prior to reading your post, and have tested different formulations to see what works best.

+1. Not only Stihl I suppose.
Men have been toting saws around since the twenties and if we use a typically developed bar oil for these tools today, one may assume that there is good reason for it. So much to read, so little time. ;)

Gary and Space should have a private conversation between themselves as they add little content.........well said Daemon. The man is here to hear the discussion on his thread.

This is a waste of thread. Search!!!!!

If you don't know to use bar oil then don't use a saw. It doesn't matter what brand, just get some dam bar oil, Sithl of course:pumpkin2:

9.98 for a gallon of Husky brand bar oil at Lowes, how can that be,LOL And here you Husky lovers were bashing Stihl for selling at 7.99, hows the crow taste fellers,LOL

Double R has said that he is tired of eating that crow, try the other white meat:biggrinbounce2:

Wow, 3.98 for a 6.4oz of XP mix oil, hmmmmm, only 1.75 more a bottle than me, hmmmmmmmm, , hmmmmmmm,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9.98 for a gallon of Husky brand bar oil at Lowes, how can that be,LOL And here you Husky lovers were bashing Stihl for selling at 7.99, hows the crow taste fellers,LOL

Just got off the phone with my local Husky dealer's and both charge 9.35 a gallon for Husky bar oil...I just cant believe that there giving me a better deal then a box store......I need to go buy some...It must be worth the price seeing that it says Husky on the bottle...

Last edited:

Yep!!! Won't be catching me buying that any time soon!!!

Really, the solution is simple. Instead of worrying about what oil best protects the B&C from heat/wear, simply limit what causes heat/wear in the first place.

Keep your chains sharp. (not that it hasn't been said time, and time again)

Yep!!! Won't be catching me buying that any time soon!!!

Really, the solution is simple. Instead of worrying about what oil best protects the B&C from heat/wear, simply limit what causes heat/wear in the first place.

Keep your chains sharp. (not that it hasn't been said time, and time again)

All kidding aside good point RR. As for bar oil its very simple, ya gotta have it to run a saw. If I'm in the middle of a job I don't give a rip in hell if it cost 15.00 a gallon, the issue is to get the job done....

Last edited:
Lets start a petition to tar and feather Mr. super hunky every time he starts a stupid thread just qoute me and sign your username.

Just got off the phone with my local Husky dealer's and both charge 9.35 a gallon for Husky bar oil
Sounds like HUsky is as proud of their bar oil as Stihl... Both are over priced when you consider what your getting.
My Husky delaer doesnt even stock Husky bar oil.

Latest posts

Back