Is it ok for a saw to smoke??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it legal age to smoke? LOL

No.....a saw shouldn't smoke while you're using it. How much oil did you put in the fuel? How long have you had this saw? Has it done this before?

Last edited:

No.....a saw shouldn't smoke while you're using it. How much oil did you put in the fuel? How long have your had this saw? Has it done this before?

:agree2::agree2: but have to ask is it cigars or cigaretts or the wacky stuff

saws that smoke those left handed cigerettes could be a little burned out.

I had a girlfriend that smoked the whole time I was with her.

Too much oil in the fuel ?
Plugged up/dirty air filter ?
Plugged up/dirty muffler screen ?
Too rich on the carb. adj. screws ?

Last edited:
lol, about the smoking jokes. I just bought this 029 SUPER yesterday, I use 50:1 mix, the saw has white smoke coming from the muffler from the start of the saw to the shut down. Don't get me wrong it's not a thick cloud of smoke it's light, but I want to know if this is something I should be worried about, if so, I have 30 days to return it. What do you all think??? I really need your advice!!!

Might want to take it to a saw shop and have them set it up with a tach and make sure you are mixing the correct fuel to oil ratio. There are a lot of people out there that think a little heavy on the oil is the way it should be, but with the machines we run today, you need to be pretty close to right on with the mix.

I just bought an 029 super, and it smokes the whole time you run it. Is this good or bad?????
If the oil to gas ratio is correct and the carb is adj. properly it should not smoke.
Logic would say compresion in a 2-stroke or poor ring seal would not be a factor but I belive it is.
This is from my own experience and I'm not going to argue with anyone about it.

A plug for the NC GTG again, there will be plenty here that could help you with the tuning, and some pointers on modding the muffler later.
You could run it against SPs 029, and the 026. But anyways

But it sounds like it is rich, or the mix is wrong. The saw should smoke a little on startup, then clear up very quickly.

No.....a saw shouldn't smoke while you're using it. How much oil did you put in the fuel? How long have your had this saw? Has it done this before?

Mine is one of those new kinds, the oil goes in the front hole, and the gas in the rear hole. You don't have to mix them if you don't want to.

Back