Is it ok for a saw to smoke??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use stihl oil, the kind in the orange bottle. Hey possum, how far are you from monroe. Because if I do decide to do mods to this 029 Super, I would need some help.

I own a lawn service so I use over five gallons of mixed gas a week, and all my equipment is stihl. None of my other equipment smokes, not even my little 021 saw. What are the factory settings for the carb adj. Screws???

Did not know Stihl made mowers lol just kidding but you said all your equipment is Stihl what type of tractor you got?

I use stihl oil, the kind in the orange bottle. Hey possum, how far are you from monroe. Because if I do decide to do mods to this 029 Super, I would need some help.

About 45 mins to and hour depends on which way you come and I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

all my small stuff is stihl, hedge trimmer, blower, line trimmers, and chainsaws.

You use exmark or toro ? also how much you pay for belts and air filters for the mower you did not know about the gie expo for landscapers and ope dealers did you ?

Im 4 hrs from possums place

Last edited:
hey possum, I would like to come up there, and bring my saw. Do you and your son have a tree service, or just like to cut wood? Did you say you had some big logs to cut through? I would like to know more about saws and how to tune them?

hey possum, I would like to come up there, and bring my saw. Do you and your son have a tree service, or just like to cut wood? Did you say you had some big logs to cut through? I would like to know more about saws and how to tune them?

We have a tree and saw addiction. We cut logs process them for firewood and give most of it to the elderly and folks down on there luck. Been in them shoes a time or ten and know how it goes. Things are better for us now and we are trying to pay it forward. We do small clearing jobs or remove trees for folks for the wood. My wife says it's a labor of love.

We have some on the yard about 40" right now that's about the biggest we have here. There are 12 loads that average 15 to maybe 30" or so. If you would like to come up and run your saw amd tune it you are more than welcome to. We can tach tune it or by ear. I'm kinda dumb I have a chaingrinder but I hand file all my saws. I have a tach but tune most of um by ear, go figure.

LP and me do all of the repairs needed from the small and simple to full blown rebuilds, dress and true bars, and most anything else you can think of. Done a few mods too. I like to help folks like you out that want to learn about saws and the up keep on um. A lot of guys come here to test and tune up saws. It works out good for us they get um running and we get wood cut so it's a win win.

We have about 47 or 48 saws and you can work on any of um. We got 2 new ones last week and another one today so we got plenty to piddle with. Anytime just PM me and I'll get you here and we'll see what we can get into.
Joe

possum, I will send you a PM, and we will figure out what day will be good for both of us, can't wait to get up there and check ya out, sounds like fun to me. Thanks, talk to ya soon.

little possum, I'm going to look at that mac saw at that ladys house, I'll take some pics and post um. You might be intrested in it.

Back