Is it Spring yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warrior350

warrior350

Jack Pot

I got two weeks to cut as much as possible. All firewood mostly 50ft fir exept for the occasional cedar or swamp willow. Blown down trees everywhere there is no end or limit I'm outa control and insane.Over 50 acres of plantation and its all mine.I start in two days same place at swamp area.:angry2::angry2:

slowp
I took these while on a hike on Tuesday. I thought I would hit snow but didn't before The Used Dog and I got tired of going uphill. Now we are back to rain.

There was only one creek and two mud puddles so I used an old fashioned method to water The Used Dog.
186691d1307560269-dog-watering0001-jpg

There's a road up to Burley Mtn. but it usually is blocked by a big drift on the backside so I bet it might be open in July? There's a lookout and repeaters on top.
186692d1307560271-telephotation-burley0001-jpg

Looking down the Cispus Valley towards Tower Rock.
186693d1307560273-tower-rock0001-jpg

View attachment 186691View attachment 186692View attachment 186693

Last edited:
nw axe man

nw axe man

ArboristSite Operative
I took these while on a hike on Tuesday. I thought I would hit snow but didn't before The Used Dog and I got tired of going uphill. Now we are back to rain.

There was only one creek and two mud puddles so I used an old fashioned method to water The Used Dog.
186691d1307560269-dog-watering0001-jpg

There's a road up to Burley Mtn. but it usually is blocked by a big drift on the backside so I bet it might be open in July? There's a lookout and repeaters on top.
186692d1307560271-telephotation-burley0001-jpg

Looking down the Cispus Valley towards Tower Rock.
186693d1307560273-tower-rock0001-jpg

View attachment 186691View attachment 186692View attachment 186693
I've killed 3 nice bucks on that left hand slope. Kind of grown up now so you can't see through the jackfirs.

nw axe man

nw axe man

ArboristSite Operative
How did you pack them out?

There's a road right at the top of the mtn believe it or not. It comes up the backside. It was a bit of a pack, about 400 yards or so. It wasn't at the bottom of the slide area. In the third pic is Tower Rock. Right behind it is the road to the top of Burley Mtn. You can see clear down to Mt Jefferson in Central Oregon from the top on a clear day. You would be able to see up to Mt Baker except Mt Rainier is in the way.

nw axe man

nw axe man

ArboristSite Operative
If it is too far and steep to pack them out, you camp and eat them.
If I remember right, I was just about ready to eat them by the time we got out. I took a friend of mine out one morning who had never killed a buck before. He shot his first one there. In SlowPs last shot of Tower rock you can see a mtn off to the right. Right in the saddle on the other side is a creek, Siler Creek, that comes right down about 6-7 miles in the middle of my property.

nw axe man

nw axe man

ArboristSite Operative
I went fishing with a friend, we got stuck on a small island by the tide, we ate the fish we caught, good thing we had portable fire.
I also went fishing with a friend years ago. We packed up into the Deadmans lake wilderness area with little food as we planned on eating the fish we caught. Guess what? They didn't bite. Some guy came up with his girlfriend and brought up more than they could eat. I'm not too sure they were too interested in eating anyway. Had they not come up my stomach would not have let me stay another day. If I'm not mistaken, I learned an invaluable lesson that trip. And we weren't even stuck! No excuses, just plain dumb.

paccity

paccity

Addicted to ArboristSite
If I remember right, I was just about ready to eat them by the time we got out. I took a friend of mine out one morning who had never killed a buck before. He shot his first one there. In SlowPs last shot of Tower rock you can see a mtn off to the right. Right in the saddle on the other side is a creek, Siler Creek, that comes right down about 6-7 miles in the middle of my property.

fresh backstrap allways makes a bad thing good.

2dogs

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
fresh backstrap allways makes a bad thing good.

Liver the first night and heart for breakfast the next day! OK now I'm hungry.

Whenever we butchered a steer we had a fire going and cooked the inside skirts right on the oak coals. Peal em and scrape some salt off a salt block and serve with bread. K now I'm really hungry!

2dogs

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
that PO stuff is juicy in the late spring. That kid of your's catch it?

Right now we have a sunny 59 and breezy.

Yep Cody has a small case of it. My daughter helped drag branches to the chipper today so I'm curious how she will do. It is pretty cool to watch my 16yo cheerleader daughter set choker, or drag brush, or carry calves. She is pretty tough when she washes all the warpaint off.

RandyMac

RandyMac

Stiff Member
Yep Cody has a small case of it. My daughter helped drag branches to the chipper today so I'm curious how she will do. It is pretty cool to watch my 16yo cheerleader daughter set choker, or drag brush, or carry calves. She is pretty tough when she washes all the warpaint off.

You must be very proud of your kids, I would be.
I have none, although I have picked up a stray, so I have a clue about kids, not much but some. Little Ray was with us for the better part of four years, he wasn't a young child though. I have never changed a diaper.

Latest posts