Is It Stihl Usable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cutting up an 18" oak the other day and had just put a brand new loop of RSC on the 361 and hit a nail in the tree on about the the 2nd cut.:censored: :censored: . After closer examination tree used to be a deer stand tree. OK it knocked 1 cutter completely off and buggered up 2 more. The one it knocked of is clean flush with the top of the link, but raker is still there. I can touch up cutters that are injured but was wondering if I could still use the chain. Thinking it will be a little grabby but wondering if it will hurt anything. AT 25 bucks a loop would like to salvage it. Thanks Ray:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

run it

This has happened to me numerous times but, generally with the oregan chain. I have never had it happen with a stihl chain. Anyway sharpen it up and run it you wont even notice that it is missing a tooth.

This has happened to me numerous times but, generally with the oregan chain. I have never had it happen with a stihl chain. Anyway sharpen it up and run it you wont even notice that it is missing a tooth.

:agree2:

Wont hurt a thing.

+1. Not to menton that many new chains (Oregon or not) must have two teeth in succession that cut the same direction. Sharpen all the teeth that you can see and keep on cuttin'. :greenchainsaw:

Is it Stihl useable

Some of them are right. You will never notice . Unless the chain is fractured somewhere and it breaks. But then the chain catch will stop it from riping you leg open. Right?

Back