Is the AS International Forum, in different languages, a good idea?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunrise Guy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm asking, because I'm not sure, in view of the recent attacks on this site. Unless our trusty moderator/host has an excellent command of all of the languages posted on that forum, I must believe that some may use the forum to set up future website attacks and who knows what else? I think it would probably be a good idea to ax that forum (pun?), but I'd like to hear if others think that way. If not, why not? If I'm paranoid, as you see it, so be it. I really hated the attack on this site, one of my favorites, and don't want it to happen, again.

From what I understand from my computer guy, the hackers don't pick a site because they don't like it. They have no connection to the sites they hack usually. They randomly pick them and create havoc just for fun. Similar to virus's. No good reason for them, just a chance to make a name for themselves as some "awesome" computer hack. Of the billions and billions of sites, why would anyone focus on disrupting a tree site? And to blame the international forum isn't quite fair either. There are plenty of US and english speaking douchebags out there hacking sites. My guess is it was random and the site probably going to be fine going forward. But then again, as random as things are in the world, it could happen again.

From what I understand from my computer guy, the hackers don't pick a site because they don't like it. They have no connection to the sites they hack usually. They randomly pick them and create havoc just for fun. Similar to virus's. No good reason for them, just a chance to make a name for themselves as some "awesome" computer hack. Of the billions and billions of sites, why would anyone focus on disrupting a tree site? And to blame the international forum isn't quite fair either. There are plenty of US and english speaking douchebags out there hacking sites. My guess is it was random and the site probably going to be fine going forward. But then again, as random as things are in the world, it could happen again.

Not sure I agree. This site comes back and then----it gets shut down, again. This has happened more than a few times over the past weeks. While I do agree that a-holes come from all countries, I would never host a site where people can post in languages I don't understand, given the nature of the world as it is, today.

Latest posts

Back