is the mac 110 the smallest(dimension wise) saw made??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paz

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i have got a mac 110 to put in my river boat(12 footer :blob2: ),,what i want to know is it the smallest saw that is made,,as in physical size????am looking for something nice and compact and if the mac isnt it then i would try and find something that is....i like the mac cause it is all alloy construction...i know something else that is plastic might be lighter,,,but prefer the more robust saw.....ideas??

I don't know, but I worked on one yesterday. I know they are not worth much, but I had a complete one given to me, and I spent several hours getting it running. Didn't have spark, so I cleaned the points. Ended up shearing a flywheel key (Oops, forgot to tighten the nut). Put a new rope on the recoil, and messed with the recoil spring because it kept slipping and unwinding itself once the saw would start. Sharpened the chain, and she ran and cut good, but was not oiling. Took the oiler apart and got that fixed, and she was oiling great. Of course during all this I had cleaned the saw up very nicely. The clutch needle bearing was making noise and seemed dry, so I was going to grease it. Tried the rope in the cylinder, but I couldn't budge the nut. Went and grabbed my impact wrench, and even though I know it is left handed, I managed to try it with the impact wrench the wrong way, AND BROKE THE ROD! I was upset to say the least.

I got a spare conrod for one of those saws if ya want to fix it Tony.

them mac 110s are pretty small saws, by far not the lightest, but they are good for power.

Back