Is there any money in selling firewood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last fall in the suburbs of the larger citys, I was seeing adds for $300 and up for cord delivered. If you could get that for it, I would say there is good money in it. But out here in the real world, $150 seems to be the average price. Last fall, I sold about 10 cords to friends, that picked it up, for $100. They seemed very happy with that. I would need to invest in a better delivery system than my 1997 4x4 Ranger, to do it as a buisness. My sister lives in Conn. She said 200-300 is common up there. I guess it boils down to location, location, location.

Gregg,

Make sure you know all the facts before you jump in, call your state. Good luck.

Firewood and Invasive Insects
Don't Move Firewood - you could be killing our trees!
FIREWOOD ALERT - "DON'T MOVE FIREWOOD"
A NEW REGULATION is now in effect that prohibits the import of firewood into New York unless it has been heat treated to kill pests. The regulation also limits the transportation of untreated firewood to less than 50 miles from its source.
By transporting firewood, you could be spreading diseases and invasive insects that can quickly kill large numbers of trees. Help STOP THE SPREAD and obey the Firewood Regulation:
• It is best to leave all firewood at home - please do not bring it to campgrounds or parks.
• Get your firewood at the campground or from a local vendor - ask for a receipt or label that has the firewood's local source.
• If you choose to transport firewood within New York State:
o It must have a receipt or label that has the firewood's source and it must remain within 50 miles of that source.
o For firewood not purchased (i.e. cut from your own property) you must have a Self-Issued Certificate of Source (pdf, 100kb), and it must be sourced within 50 miles of your destination.
o Only firewood labeled as meeting New York's heat treatment standards to kill pests (kiln-dried) may be transported into the state and further than 50 miles from the firewood's source.
o For more information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions for Firewood Regulation. For additional questions regarding this regulation, please call this toll-free number: 1-866-640-0652 or e-mail: [email protected].

Latest posts

Back