Is this a "Goat" tree? (funny)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of trees these are ?
It looks like Goat Trees.
My Dog wood tree has a Bark but never wakes me up at night.. LOL.. Silly me.. Hope you have a good day..

Attachments

• th-1681068744.jpg
    th-1681068744.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
  • th-3136382944.jpg
    th-3136382944.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
Those pictures are usually of goats in Morocco, where they are encouraged to eat the nuts.

The tree species in question is the argania tree. Sideroxylon spinosum
"Local farmers condone and even cultivate this bizarre feeding practice, keeping the goats away from the trees while the fruit matures and releasing them at the right time. There is also a secondary benefit to the goats’ habits which is found in their poop. After the goats finish eating the fruit and nuts off the tree, they pass valuable clumps of seeds which are then pressed to create the sought-after Argan oil."​

Mmmm, yummy! Vegetable oil made from goat poop!
"Argan oil is a plant oil produced from the kernels of the argan tree (Argania spinosa L.), which is indigenous to Morocco and southwestern Algeria.[1][2] In Morocco, argan oil is used to dip bread in at breakfast or to drizzle on couscous or pasta. It is also used for cosmetic purposes."​

https://www.amazon.com/Kate-Blanc-Cosmetics-Stimulate-Moisturizer/dp/B06WWLKQX5'This listing on Amazon is so cheap, it is probably a fake or highly adulterated product.
Still, at that price for 4 ounces, that is over $500 per gallon. I am for sure not going to dip my bread in that stuff.

Those pictures are usually of goats in Morocco, where they are encouraged to eat the nuts.

The tree species in question is the argania tree. Sideroxylon spinosum
"Local farmers condone and even cultivate this bizarre feeding practice, keeping the goats away from the trees while the fruit matures and releasing them at the right time. There is also a secondary benefit to the goats’ habits which is found in their poop. After the goats finish eating the fruit and nuts off the tree, they pass valuable clumps of seeds which are then pressed to create the sought-after Argan oil."​

Mmmm, yummy! Vegetable oil made from goat poop!
"Argan oil is a plant oil produced from the kernels of the argan tree (Argania spinosa L.), which is indigenous to Morocco and southwestern Algeria.[1][2] In Morocco, argan oil is used to dip bread in at breakfast or to drizzle on couscous or pasta. It is also used for cosmetic purposes."​

https://www.amazon.com/Kate-Blanc-Cosmetics-Stimulate-Moisturizer/dp/B06WWLKQX5'This listing on Amazon is so cheap, it is probably a fake or highly adulterated product.
Still, at that price for 4 ounces, that is over $500 per gallon. I am for sure not going to dip my bread in that stuff.

You have my admiration for that "Great" reply. In this world where so few people like to learn, the few studios ones, like you, and me, plus a few of my best friends are a delight. Thanks for that information. We already know Civet Cat coffee cherry seeds come to us in a similar fashion. The custom in my family is to make our coffee in a boiler and not in a normal coffee pot or modern machine. I still like many things the old fashioned way and I love my "Cowboy" coffee. The Goat poo oil is intriguing. Have a great day..

Back