Is this a good deal for a Husqvarna 576xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I am trying to decide if this is a good deal or not. Somebody has a 576xp that appears to be in good shape listed for $250 with bar and 3 chains and box. He said he has the carb rebuilt a while back but it has been sitting and is getting hard to start.

I know without pulling the muffler, it's hard to tell if this is a good deal or not, but it has peaked my interest.

What do you experts think? Is there anything on this model that needs to be watched out for? I heard about the autotune, but I dont know how to tell if it is or not. Is autotune a deal breaker?

It will say on the sticker on the side.also I don't think the top cover will have holes for carb adjustment.i do know these are built very well.i haven't heard any problems with the auto tune.i would probably jump on that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bottom ends have been known to be weak of the saw was worked like a 372... I’d be leery on the hard start a little that the bottom end has started to go and started scoring the top end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well looking at the pictures, it appears to have holes for H and L adjustment, so I'm guessing it's not an auto-tune version.

The bar also looks moderate sized, definitely not over 32", so hopefully it wasnt over barred.

picture.php

I say go scoop it up. If it has hard starting g issues tell him your concerned about buying a saw that you need to spend money on and offer him a lower price. The 576 is a good saw, better then the 575 series and if that has a manual carb then that's even better. Yes, the pto side bearing is a special bearing and they had issues early on but not as many as with the 575 series. They had it licked about the time the 576 came out. Looks clean, take cash.

Clutch side bearing is propriety as Mashy stated, bearing would spin in case pocket. Start it and spray carb cleaner at clutch side bearing, if it stalls (air leak). Looks good from picture and if runs well after starting it is worth $250 all day, kind of leery of that price, it's low for a nice 576 carb or auto-tune. If it auto-tune, 576 cannot be reset or diagnosed by a dealers computer, carb 576 is the best buy for me.

Latest posts

Back