Is this elm tree a disaster waiting to happen?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS said i'm suspicious because i looked at his profile,followed along in the elm tree thread,and was in a thread he was in earlier so that makes me suspicious:dizzy:

Right about now my father would take me by the shoulder, bury his thumb into my collar bone, and say son,sit down, we need to talk, and you need to listen, ss might want to do that.

Banned hammers sometimes fall from the sky around here. I keep an umbrella handy

That's always an option but I think in this case we'll hold off a little. If the kid realizes that listening is better than talking at this stage of the game he's more than welcome here. He can ask all the questions he wants to and I'm sure that most of the guys will be glad to help him any way they can.

I wish that I'd had a place like this to come to, read and learn from, ask questions and have them answered by knowledgeable people when I was fourteen.

He'll garner more respect from the crew if he uses his ears more than his mouth.

That might be harsh but it's the way things work here...and in most other places too.

That's always an option but I think in this case we'll hold off a little. If the kid realizes that listening is better than talking at this stage of the game he's more than welcome here. He can ask all the questions he wants to and I'm sure that most of the guys will be glad to help him any way they can.

I wish that I'd had a place like this to come to, read and learn from, ask questions and have them answered by knowledgeable people when I was fourteen.

He'll garner more respect from the crew if he uses his ears more than his mouth.

That might be harsh but it's the way things work here...and in most other places too.

I admire your optimism. :msp_rolleyes:
Jeff

Last edited:

I have held myself back from joining this site for many months. Now I'm here and all I can say is that there is a lot of info and I've been trying to take it all in. I have listened a lot and felt I could help this gentleman out, but apparently I was wrong. I'll listen more, but I need some respect, too. Most of you look at me as the everyday punk ass teenager who smokes weed and listens to rap. I'm the complete opposite.

I have held myself back from joining this site for many months. Now I'm here and all I can say is that there is a lot of info and I've been trying to take it all in. I have listened a lot and felt I could help this gentleman out, but apparently I was wrong. I'll listen more, but I need some respect, too. Most of you look at me as the everyday punk ass teenager who smokes weed and listens to rap. I'm the complete opposite.

Ok, lesson number one. Respect can never be given, it must be earned.

Having said that, if you'll look back I initially defended you for that very reason, I do respect that you are on here instead of out smoking dope. But I do think you owe Mr. Lovestrom an apology. Jeff

If thats true then you'll be somebody if not the state and court system has a place for you,the choice is yours......i hope you make the right one.

Latest posts

Back