Is this jonsered 2188 ported or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl070

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Tiago, i´m portuguese and I am registered in this forum for several years , I learn a lot here. On vacation I cut around 50-60 tons of hardwood for firewood (in Portugal is called "sobreiro", maybe someone knows it by cork trees), so i have a Husqvarna 372xp but i need a big saw for noodling and big stuff.
So my situation is, i have a nice deal on a brand new Jonsered 2188cs, in my region its not a common model, here there are mostly 395xp´s or ms660´s, so i don´t know what this model (jonsered 2188) is capable. I have seen videos on youtube to see wath i can expect, one is this:

For a stock model this looks very strong, i dont have the experience to tell if its ported or not, i try to contact him but no answer, so i ask you guys what is your opinion in this model in general.

Ps: Sorry for my bad english, i know its terrible.
Thanks

If its not ported the mfg did a awesome job on that saw. That baby is singing a sweet tune, so clean and crisp sounding. I would be grinning ear to ear running that bad boy.

Tiago, "sobreiro" is Quercus suber ie cork oak in english. why is it that you have so much to cut ? Their cork should be used for wine bottle corks , and not felled for firewood. Too old maybe, or wine selling crisis ?
2188 is Husky 390 XP, and this one has its muffler opened from the sound in the video, and I feel sorry for the pool that looks more like a swamp...

Thanks for the help guys, i don´t know anyone in Portugal that port a chainsaw so i think in keep it stock, but a muffler mod is something that i can try, for what i have seen in this forum don´t look too hard.
Some tips that the best way to do it? For what i have seen is adding a hole, a spark screen and a muffler deflector and retune the saw.

furtherontheroad, you are right, no one have permission to cut this trees when they are alive, that 9 in 9 years produce the cork wich is used for example for wine bottles corks , the problem is in the last years many of they are dying and
apparently no one know the reason, so we have to ask permission to cut the assinalated dead trees, some hundreds of years old and when dry its very hard wood. Its sad but they have to be removed or they possible contamine the others that are alive.

The pool maybe its not summer season! XD

Thanks and sorry for the noob questions about chainsaws.

that idiot needs to learn how to use that thing. sounds like he's trying to shift gears.....

Big saw, short bar and soft wood, the guy releases the trigger when he's changing saw position not to hit the rev limiter, but your idea about shifting gear is quite funny.

Latest posts

Back