Is this worth the $

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for a top handle saw for the little work I do around my place and my inlaws. Found this on CL and thunking the price is a bit high but idk? What do you guys think.
https://lancaster.craigslist.org/tls/5301706432.html

That does seem a bit steep $
I got one for free with a missing pull start handle $1.85 and a severely rocked 1/4" chain $21.
/http://www.arboristsite.com/community/gallery/albums/stihl.1588/
32cc 9lbs 15oz w/12" bar& chain
Might be less oiling problems compared to a top handle Poulan 30cc micro(1 pound lighter) or older XXV S25 (I have 6 and they all needed work)

No way. If you want cheap keep on looking. But if you want newer features like a chain brake maybe look at a new echo or shindaiwa? They seem pretty reasonable. At least you now it will be reliable and have no "quirks" that weren't mentioned lol

I'm looking for a top handle saw.

What is this a pop quiz? You asked if the old saw you want to buy is worth the cost and I used a picture of a current selling model for price reference.

Aside from that, your application allows you more options for a saw than just top handle.

I have 40 and 70 cc Rear handle saws. Thsi saw will be for while im on a lader or in a lift trimming and pruning or for limbing before a large take down.... Thats why my FIRST POST said top handle.

Not offended, and no. I don't ignore, you may have something intestine to say later.

Just saying. Top handle, and still thanks for your input. I realized my signature was fubar after your post and fixed it.....

I have 40 and 70 cc Rear handle saws. Thsi saw will be for while im on a lader or in a lift trimming and pruning or for limbing before a large take down.... Thats why my FIRST POST said top handle.

think long and hard about ANY saw from a ladder.
you may be wanting a pole saw before a top handle. Just sayin.

Local pawn shop has this Echo 271T for $229 but could probably get it for around $175. Keep looking you will find a better deal!
dae358f0f6b01f48080f3ef100301dcc.jpg

Not offended, and no. I don't ignore, you may have something intestine to say later.

Just saying. Top handle, and still thanks for your input. I realized my signature was fubar after your post and fixed it.....

Do you have a "gut feeling" about that?

What bar oil were you planning on using in it? I mean, jeez, neighbor kids might want to climb those trees ya know...

Lol

Back