Issues with Arboriculture

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Mike Maas
The problem as I see it, is when a tree is manipulated to conform to the needs of a person....

When it comes down to it, urban trees are just big lawn ornaments.

Originally posted by ORclimber
When it comes down to it, urban trees are just big lawn ornaments.
Huh? Are you saying that looks mean everything? In appraisals I rarely mention aesthetics because it's totally subjective. So many life-giving benefits to mention that are quantifiable; air and water cleaning for starters.:blob6:

If you're saying that most people think that way so what the hello, how can you really know that? How big a sample out of the 5 billion on earth have you asked? Maybe you've been working for the wrong people; there are a lot who value trees, and more every day if we keep showing them how well trees can work;)

Originally posted by Guy Meilleur
Huh? Are you saying that looks mean everything? In appraisals I rarely mention aesthetics because it's totally subjective.

I'm saying if joe homeowner is determined to hack or kill their trees to accomodate their lifestyle, they will find a way to do it.

So many life-giving benefits to mention that are quantifiable; air and water cleaning for starters.

Yes, even a butt ugly tree can do that.

If you're saying that most people think that way so what the hello, how can you really know that? How big a sample out of the 5 billion on earth have you asked?

I don't know sh@t. But, most of the people I deal with care more about their lawn or getting out of raking leaves. I followed Tom's link to an English forum where people definately think different.

Maybe you've been working for the wrong people; there are a lot who value trees, and more every day if we keep showing them how well trees can work;)

That's my goal, getting the knowledge and skills to appeal to the customers who appreciate their trees. Only a couple hundred more customers to go:D

you gotta closse the code with a /b-Mr Moderator

Latest posts

Back