It can do all that...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't normally carry a knife in the tree, unless it is a cane knife for trimming palms. I do carry a hand pruner which will cut through a 1/2 inch rope no problem. I looked at the video and I sure don't want a quick release lanyard like that. I never had the need to do a quick release. If the situation is a little dicey, I usually try not to use a lanyard, or have it as far away from the cut as possible.

Leon,
A long lanyard is great. It can be used as a short climbing line for positioning.
I'll never go back to using 10-12 ft. lanyards like I was before.

Hi ya eagle1,I see your off line so you can read this later. With the release system I've come up with, it doesn't matter what kinda lanyard you use because it attaches between your saddle's side D-ring(s) and your own lanyard. Its small, compact, manual section on one side and the auto releasing section on the other,(left or right ...user decides), auto section is adjustable regarding breaking strength. Its a simple system using technolegy thats been around for many years. I just modified it (manual section that is), and reworked it to be use as a positioning lanyard release system that WILL release under a heavey load! Its also under 6" in length. Cool eh! There are some issues to work out with this thing and if you've been following this post , you'll know what some of them are. This thing is NOT a main stream item & its NOT for everyone. Its a spacific tool for spacific stiuations! I hope to know more in the new year if it will be developed further or not. Its being concidered by industry at this time. Thanks for inquiring eagle1 and keep following this post to see what others have to say about it as well. HC

Last edited:
HC, having the information removed from the server might not have been a wise choice.  It could have served as verification that it was your idea at the time.  I don't think that advice to remove it was good advice.  I wonder what else they're telling you that might not be in your best interest.

Glen

Thanks for the concern Glens but don't worry, a lawyer friend of mine told me what I needed to do and its been done. He refers to it as a "poor mans paten" and its legaly binding according to him. Again, I have a full time day job with a decent pention plan so I'm not that concerned with getting rich with this thing. Its so no one else messes up the process in the meantime. ;) HC

It seems like this post is getting as cold as the weather we are now having. Just to update everyone... The company that is considering the prototype have been watching this post and noted the number of people who have viewed it as well as comments made. Thanks to everyone who participated and showed interest. Given the time of year & that the holiday season is upon us, I likely will not hear anything until the middle or later part of January 2005. Once I hear something, I'll post it here. Until then, I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Safe & happy New Year. Cheers HC

Latest posts

Back