It is December, the ms500i watch game

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What day will the 500i finally get released in the USA? First 2 weeks?

• Total voters
Amazing that 9 months ago this saw was to come out, and STILL nothing. What kind of company cannot advance a product here in the USA, that is readily available in Europe?

Well, I wasn't going to buy one anyways, so no skin off my nose.

Amazing that 9 months ago this saw was to come out, and STILL nothing. What kind of company cannot advance a product here in the USA, that is readily available in Europe?

Well, I wasn't going to buy one anyways, so no skin off my nose.
I would believe there is an issue with this saw and they are working problems out before a full release. Beta testing.

I would believe there is an issue with this saw and they are working problems out before a full release. Beta testing.

There's something wrong, for sure. And it must be big.
IMO, it'll be WAY to complicated, and expensive to fix, for the flat out abuse a saw takes on a daily basis.
They should get the mtronics up to 90-95%. They aren't yet.
Sometimes, I talk to 2 different factory guys and get two different answers, when a real problem saw comes in.

Like what? There are 500i owners on this site that haven't said anything negative about the saw.
Bad bearings, fuel mapping off, cranks failing, bad ignition modules, plastic breaking, etc. They have not run them long term yet.

Bad bearings, fuel mapping off, cranks failing, bad ignition modules, plastic breaking, etc. They have not run them long term yet.

I'm surprised about the polymer failing? That material they use is almost bulletproof.

Really?

I'm surprised about the polymer failing? That material they use is almost bulletproof.

No kidding. You would think that with that many problems, someone, somewhere would have mentioned, at least one of those problems. Must be a national security issue to keep so many problems hidden from the entire world. Where is a whistleblower when we need one the most?

Like what? There are 500i owners on this site that haven't said anything negative about the saw.
FWIW the dealer told me that it had to do with the UL listing. Evidently they made it past the EPA testing and “realized” that they hadn’t safety tested with a bar longer than 24”. So they went back to the drawing board to get it safety tested up to 36”. Who knows. Something seems strange, but this year what can you expect?

if stihl had a public representative that would actually keep the people that buy their products informoned it would give confidence to the consumer. Being tight lipped and working secretly to not be imbearassed seems like the norm for most companies.

If they would tell me that on xx date well have xx problem up and running but demands for parts is delayed so expect delivery between xx and xx. And say thank you for your understanding and for being a faithful supporters of our product, well keep you updated on the progress.

Mushrooms.... we are????

This is all internet noise. Nobody outside of Stihl Inc. knows exactly what the holdups are, for sure.
My TM‘s lips are sealed on the subject. I can respect his position and I don’t press the issue.

Stihl Dealer here in Utah had one for sale. Talking to the guy their regional Stihl rep had 5 to give out so our place took one. Sold to a tree company in under a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having run one solid for three days I can confirm that these saws kick ass. 0 - full rpm is essentially instant and it handles beautifully, seemingly lighter in hand than my 362. Obvs I cannot comment on longevity but everything about it feels solid quality to me. We’ll see I guess.
It is available in Europe though so I would expect that if there was a generic problem it would be withdrawn from all markets?

Latest posts

Back