It is December, the ms500i watch game

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What day will the 500i finally get released in the USA? First 2 weeks?

• Total voters
He seems to have good info, told me two weeks ago a new shipment was coming in and he was on the list, and two weeks later I have a saw. But lots of stuff gets thrown around, even by the distributors, may to boost sales, who knows.

Buy 2, they're cheap.

Was at my favorite Stihl dealer this morning picking up parts. They had 2 500i R on display. He said Stihl pushed out "R" models pretty heavy recently before those wanting non R models. He said my non - "R" model I ordered should be here in about 12 days. I looked at one on display and had date code 6/20, did not look at the other one. Days waiting are getting shorter...

Stopped in my local dealer for the first time in about a year and they just happened to get an MS500i in today. I walked out the door with it. $1309 with 25” bar and a free chain, not including sales tax.

I wanted a longer bar but they were unwilling to swap, doesn’t surprise me with the demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stopped in my local dealer for the first time in about a year and they just happened to get an MS500i in today. I walked out the door with it. $1309 with 25” bar and a free chain, not including sales tax.

I wanted a longer bar but they were unwilling to swap, doesn’t surprise me with the demand.

Have fun, you will love it. Now the not wanting to change the bar out, that is dealer nonsense they were just being jerks or they just didn't have a 28" or 32", a good dealer will put on any bar that will fit the saw, It's a lightweight bar correct?

Have fun, you will love it. Now the not wanting to change the bar out, that is dealer nonsense they were just being jerks or they just didn't have a 28" or 32", a good dealer will put on any bar that will fit the saw, It's a lightweight bar correct?

They’re usually accommodating, or at least have been every other time. Must have something to do with this saw, lol. That being said, inventory did look a little scarce.

It’s a standard es bar. I questioned them on it, they said that’s how it came from stihl. I’m going to swap the 20” from my 461 over to it and run a few tanks thru it before I worry about any other size bars beings I have a case of 20” chains. I have no real use for a 25” anyway, as theres an almost worn out 32” hanging on the wall in my shed that gets me out of a jam when needed.

They’re usually accommodating, or at least have been every other time. Must have something to do with this saw, lol. That being said, inventory did look a little scarce.

It’s a standard es bar. I questioned them on it, they said that’s how it came from stihl. I’m going to swap the 20” from my 461 over to it and run a few tanks thru it before I worry about any other size bars beings I have a case of 20” chains. I have no real use for a 25” anyway, as theres an almost worn out 32” hanging on the wall in my shed that gets me out of a jam when needed.

The dealers here are setting them up with light bars, the regular ES bars are quite a bit less expensive, so you're dealer came out on this one. Give a longer light bar a try for a few days, I bet you'll like it, a 28" light bar isn't more weight and you get the reach no more bending over, no more stump dancing lol.[emoji111]

Well i ran the 500i and 462 back to back. I tried to make some timed cuts, " because you know you want them" anyway the wood was changing too much so the times were all over the place with the saws being equal or the 500i being 2 seconds faster with the 28" bar buried in black cherry. The log was getting larger and harder as i cut. I made a video, but really it's not up to my standards, I like to see repeatable times. No matter the times these two saws are close where it counts. Now the power curve is quite different the 500i you can really lean on, and it has a smoother engine, not the AV the engine it's self.

Ok I found a more consistent chunk of wood, had to break the video into two parts as I used different sections. Seen a lot of videos of folks cutting mostly twigs, so this should give a better idea where these saws stand, but as always YMMV. there is + and - with each saw including the 572xp it does have some thing I really like. The vid will be live @ 2:00

Got to get back to work before the premier.

I am having no luck finding a 500i (our regional distributor has not released any and says it will be late November - which translates to who knows 2021???); every lead so far has been a deadend. Anyway, I would like an R model at a reasonable cost if anyone can help.

Ron

Back