It starts and runs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlrookie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Pulled my MS362 out of the storage building yesterday, 3 pulls and it popped, two more and it was running. Let it idle for a minute or two to warm up and then cut 1/3 cord or tamarack. The saw has been sitting since November full of fuel and oil in an unheated building. This is how I have been storing this saw each winter since 2009. I use 92 octane non-ethanol fuel with Stihl Ultra and I little bit of Stabil in the tank before storing. Fuel lines are all in good shape, filter gets replaced each year and I did replace my first spark plug last year. Just wanted to share my experience with storing a saw with fuel in it.

Now put it in storage for a coupel of years with e10 mix and report back. :]

Now put it in storage for a coupel of years with e10 mix and report back. :]

I am sure my results would not be good. I feel pretty fortunate to have relatively easy access to good fuel.

I hiked 7 miles through 3 feet of snow to get to my cutting area last week, going to be another month before I can drive in and actually cut some wood.

I am sure my results would not be good. I feel pretty fortunate to have relatively easy access to good fuel.

I hiked 7 miles through 3 feet of snow to get to my cutting area last week, going to be another month before I can drive in and actually cut some wood.

Hope you cut enough wood cut while you where there. Here below the mason Dixon line I put my saws up for an entire spring summer and part of fall, and I would be pissed off if they didn't crank right back up when I needed them.

Latest posts

Back