It was all going great until...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haironyourchest

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, here's my contribution. Maybe others can benefit by my mistakes. We got the tree down in the right place and were both unharmed, so alls well that ends well...will do better next time

137cc - Thank you for watching, and for your comment; so many people never take the time to leave a response (myself included). Yes, I agree, it is exactly what no to do.

DONT DO WHAT I DID, GUYS!!!

If you have not had proper training and are going to try and fell a biggie - TAKE YOUR TIME. Dont let anyone rush you. Think about every cut. Cut a little then think again before you cut some more.

I'm sorry if if was a painful experience. I hope you're ok now.

Holly grap!! I can't watch anymore. Please before you pick up another saw, at least get yourself a book on timber felling, matter of fact I think that is the title.
It will explain all the basics on load dynamics and face cuts and what not and some pretty advanced stuff too.
I have never in my life seen such a mismanaged cut. You'r lucky to be alive.

Thanks for your comments fellas...was it really that dangerous? ****, Im feeling a delayed panic reaction now.

Thanks for your comments fellas...was it really that dangerous? ****, Im feeling a delayed panic reaction now.

Logging is one of the most dangerous professions in North America. It flips between commercial crab fishermen depending on which had more die that year.

You seem to be humble and have an upbeat attitude. I'm guessing you care about your life, so I'm gonna go with you had no idea how dangerous tree felling can be. If you're wanting to learn more you came to one of the best sites on the web. Read through the falling pics thread in the forestry section. There's plenty of tried & true felling methods on there.

That was literally the best tree falling video I've ever seen. Nice laurel and hardy action!

I have soooo many questions...

Was that a ladies hat?

What sort of ladder was that? It had no halyard, looked like you just lifted it into place. What locks it in position?

What was up with the skinny tree cut into the middle of the video? The one the saw was pinched in.

Why didn't we get to see the giant tree you were sharpening like a pencil fall?

Why are you cutting down trees rather than producing video's? The video was nicely done!

Back