It's a Pacific Northwest thing... you wouldn't understand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A c'mon Andy. Don't be so dramatic. You could have used a 460 with a 20" bar, or maybe gone big with a 660 and a 24" and a flush cut handlebar. You just gotta work it from both sides, and backchain as much as you cut normally.

Plus, that ground looks pretty flat. There's no steep terrain out here.

The guys that cut it 111 didn't have full wraps!

Nice pics buddy. But you've been wearing that hat alot. You aren't switching teams are ya?

Agree about the flush handle.......:clap: :cheers:

The Husky hats are just of much better quality than the Stihl ones, at least here.....:greenchainsaw:

Agree about the flush handle.......:clap: :cheers:

The Husky hats are just of much better quality than the Stihl ones, at least here.....:greenchainsaw:

Just poking fun at the hat Troll. Just last weekend Andy I were talking about Husky vs. Stihl. No doubt Husky are awesome saws. They're just not found much around here, so Stihl gets the nod. He was wearing his hat at the logging show to stay in cognito....

A c'mon Andy. Don't be so dramatic. You could have used a 460 with a 20" bar, or maybe gone big with a 660 and a 24" and a flush cut handlebar. You just gotta work it from both sides, and backchain as much as you cut normally.

Plus, that ground looks pretty flat. There's no steep terrain out here.

The guys that cut it 111 didn't have full wraps!

Nice pics buddy. But you've been wearing that hat alot. You aren't switching teams are ya?

20 inch bar in an 96 inch dbh (or larger) tree :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: May as well use an ax:D

Man, I would have liked some of that tree! Catalpa can be interesting to work if the tree isnt' too far gone.

I have some 16" Dia blocks they are checked about 1-1 1/2 across the middle.About 16"long. Tree blew down in the big storm. It was still faily wet. I am not a wood worker but we brought some slabs and block shome to fiddle with if you want some. Cant say I would Know how to judge it for turning condition.I can drive thru renton if you want to look at some. I have some bigger pieces to. Guy said it was a Hickory but it was not. If it was I would have hauled the whole thing home.

Mostly just 28"ers and you have to have a special license to run them... Saw must be an 066/395/7900 or larger... Half-wraps are mandantory... since apparently every stump over there has to be cut 1 inch off the ground...:ices_rofl:

Man this Alaskan Amber tastes good tonight!

Gary

Last edited:
Mostly just 28"ers and you have to have a special license to run them... Saw must be an 066/395/7900 or larger... Half-wraps are mandantory... since apparently every stump over there has to be cut 1 inch off the ground...:ices_rofl:

Man this Alsakan Amber tastes good tonight!

Gary

He,he,he,he.........

Man this Alaskan Amber tastes good tonight!

My Rogue Chocolate Stout is going down well too!

Gary, what you doin' tomorrow? I'm throwing a kegger, and I've got a keg of Fat Tire on ice in my driveway. My parties, known as "Jeffapalooza" are pretty big. I had 80 people show up to Jeffapalooza III last summer. Jeffapalooza IV is tomorrow, followed by JP V July 14th. You're invited.

Andy, Roger, CMM, all WA guys, you too....

Party starts tomorrow afternoon. Hop on a 3:00 or so, be here 4:30/5:00. The burgers will be on the grill, and the bon fire won't be started yet.

You can stay here if you need to.

And this is 12hrs notice! The drunks will just be coming out this time tomorrow night!

Last edited:
Dang it FHCW

Party starts tomorrow afternoon. Hop on a 3:00 or so, be here 4:30/5:00. The burgers will be on the grill, and the bon fire won't be started yet.

You can stay here if you need to.

And this is 12hrs notice! The drunks will just be coming out this time tomorrow night!

Too bad I didn't have 1 more week :bang: :bang: :bang:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back