It's a Pacific Northwest thing... you wouldn't understand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bump for ya Gary
Drove by one of my favorite shops yesterday the good old Elbe convenience store. Only place I know where you can fill up with gas get some cold drinks and snack and pickup a Stihl 460 and chisel chain in one convenient stop.

Pic of a Western Red Cedar started on this morning Not much time tho so I will have to go back tomorrow. Fun to be climbing again tho.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Big ones

My partner and I were just working on a big spruce the other day. Over a house and wires on the other side. Everything had to be roped down too.
Is there a lot of sap in those Western Red's too? His flipline is all gummed up now.

I have two cedars just like that in my back yard. One is about 6' around at the base and the other is like 4'6" to 5'. They are pretty big.

I'm moving into some more "Creamy" stuff in the next few days, will try to post a few pics. Actually, just run of the mill out here in the PNW.:chainsawguy:

I'd like to install a west coast style 3/4 wrap handle on a 036 will the USA bar for the 361 work ? Any suggestions would be appreacated. Also anyone know if the clutch side cover off a 441 mag will fit the 036.

I'd like to install a west coast style 3/4 wrap handle on a 036 will the USA bar for the 361 work ? Any suggestions would be appreacated. Also anyone know if the clutch side cover off a 441 mag will fit the 036.

Nope, the 441 and 036 style covers are different. Sure you can grind and hack, but it won't fit quite right. if you want a deep cover, buy the correct cover for the 036.

The 361 and the 036 use completely different handles.

:bang: :bang: OK Gary, you started a thread that was supposed to discuss cutting and logging in OR, WA, BC, and No Cal, then it shifted to baby seal clubbing...Hmm.
:bang: Can we get back on track? Or just ramble? Here are some thoughts I had today at lunch...no offense to anyone, just some humor after seeing a lot of posts and pics on here, it made me think of the original PNW post.
Forest Helmets (the ones with the face shield and ear muffs, and some with radios), GAY. Falling trees (timber out here) with half wraps, GAY and RETARTED. Really being concerend about the brand of your neighbor's saw (But Stihl is King out here), GAY. Volume being measured in decibles instead of board feet, GAY. Track machine skidders made outside of the state of Illinois, GAY. Putting your foot in the handle of your saw to start it when you run it for a living, NO BUSINESS. Carrying a seperate bar oil and premix jug into the woods, WHY? Not having respect for humor and a little fun, WHY LIVE? Oh ya, bashing GOD on Arboristsite.com, you have never CUT IN THE PNW.

GAY THIS!! u do it your way ill do it mine, and here in the state of IL we have both john deere and cat

note the 2 gallon bar oil jugs with the starter rope between the 2 of them=great for throwing over the shoulder
calebsworkpics010.jpg

calebschainsaw046.jpg

calebschainsaw020.jpg

calebsworkpics011.jpg

GAY THIS!! u do it your way ill do it mine, and here in the state of IL we have both john deere and cat

note the 2 gallon bar oil jugs with the starter rope between the 2 of them=great for throwing over the shoulder
calebsworkpics010.jpg

calebschainsaw046.jpg

calebschainsaw020.jpg

calebsworkpics011.jpg

Way to take the bait SiLogger! All in good fun, nice tree bud. CAT crawlers rule though....

Latest posts

Back