It's Been Awhile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Haven't been around here much in the last couple years, layout of the place sure has changed a bunch. Any of the old timers still around? Gypo, Cahoon, Red, Slinger, Gologit, etc?

How is everybody doing? anything new? logging holding up for people in other parts of the country?

All is well with me, been busy as heck, still logging but alot has changed since i was around here last. I'll try to keep in touch on here more in the future, maybe share some of the pics ive gotten over the last few years.

hope all is well.

We have been good, How have you been and what have you been up too ? Long time no hear from!

Been keeping busy, logging away. bought my own equipment about two years ago and been non stop ever sense. bought a woodmizer lt40 super hydraulic this spring (computer setworks w/51 hp diesel Cat) to piddle around with when its too wet to log. no complaints here, just moved all the equipment to a new job today and got settled in to start cutting tomorrow.

I don't know if you remember me or not, you showed me around a bit at your logging deck SW of Murphysboro about 3 years ago. Glad to see you are still kicking and doing well.

I'm guessing you are still working in or finishing up storm damaged timber from the bigun 3 years ago. I finally got into my little patch of timber and found alot of nice stuff down that was still decent lumber, when it fell the roots came with it and the log was suspended off the ground. Surprisingly some of it isn't cracked to pieces, other stuff is. Also I've been cleaning out alot of bush honeysuckle and russian olive that have grown in mass hysteria the last 3 years. I've found the easiest way is a trackhoe, a tracked skid loader and a big fire... complete with a few Stag beers of course.

I think you did a tract of timber last year near my neck of the woods just east of the Big Muddy River.

I wondered where you run off to. . . Thought you might have lost your ability to type! :hmm3grin2orange:

I don't know if you remember me or not, you showed me around a bit at your logging deck SW of Murphysboro about 3 years ago. Glad to see you are still kicking and doing well.

I'm guessing you are still working in or finishing up storm damaged timber from the bigun 3 years ago. I finally got into my little patch of timber and found alot of nice stuff down that was still decent lumber, when it fell the roots came with it and the log was suspended off the ground. Surprisingly some of it isn't cracked to pieces, other stuff is. Also I've been cleaning out alot of bush honeysuckle and russian olive that have grown in mass hysteria the last 3 years. I've found the easiest way is a trackhoe, a tracked skid loader and a big fire... complete with a few Stag beers of course.

I think you did a tract of timber last year near my neck of the woods just east of the Big Muddy River.

Im done with the storm damaged stuff, it is too far gone for us to justify it. That storm damaged stuff could be a PITA as times, other times it wasn't all that terrible.

East of the Big Muddy... hmm.. i cut a job east of desoto, maybe that was it? i can't remember all of them, lol..

then again early last summer i cut one on the hills on Shoal Creek rd... got into 9 batches of ground bees on that one.

Yes the one on Shoal Creek Rd was the one I was talking about, literally the Big Muddy River is just west of that. I bet you got into alot of nice things on the ground on that little place.

Back