It's Gonn'a Suck North of Me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No snow here but tons of rain, all day long. Driving down highway earlier this evening and could not see it was coming down so hard. Mid thirties all day and only supposed to get down to 33 overnight. Will be quite a mess if this starts to freeze. Generator all gassed up just in case. Not really sure if I hate the rain or snow more.

Got to go to Indy on Tuesday morning, will be travailing I 69 south, hopefully you guy's don't get any snow.

Big Rapids, MI. had a 50 car pile up on US 131 this evening. We have 3"-4" today and covered with light ice tonight, on the lake shore and the winds are picking up. Fifteen miles north in West Olive a buddy got 6" plus and still snowing about 6 pm. Load the stove and off to bed. Safe traveling in the morning!

Dingeryote: Last time I saw my mom was a early Dec. stormy night two years ago. She wanted me to adjust the humidifier because the windows were icing on the inside and she had trouble doing the stairs at ninety one. Glad your wife is alright.

hellacious winds started at 3 PM and forced me to quit splitting wood. Snow started shortly thereafter and it has been snowing steady ever since. 4" or better on the ground now and it's supposed to keep up till noon tomorrow.

My brother drove from Tomahawk, WI down to Cedarburg (just north of Milwaukee) this morning in a little over 5 hours, usually takes 3. Heavy winds and wet snow freezing on the roads made driving really hazardous, he said they saw dozens of vehicles in ditches. Cedarburg had close to 10" by dinner time and it was still coming down heavy when I was talking to him. Hwy 51 was shut down and people were being advised to pull off the roads and get a room because it wasn't letting up.

And the good news? Another arctic front coming down out of the gulf. Down to 0 here on the coming weekend. Looks like it will track to SE and miss you guys on the northern tier. I hope we luck out on this one just as the last one, we only caught the western edge of it, wind, a bit below normal temps and minor snow.

Harry K

Going to be an interesting morning when the sun comes up, been snowing since 7pm last night and we have at least 6" out there, nice ice glaze underneath it as well.

Today will be only the 3rd time I've missed work because of the snow,2nd time this year. :msp_blink:

I plowed last night,and noticed a squealing coming from one of the front tires on my 8N.
Hopefully I can get by with just a re-packing cause I dont want to drive anywhere...

Best I can tell is around 8" here but the wind is blowing it around and it's still coming down. The flakes are much bigger than last night so we could get some accumulation before it's done.

Latest posts

Back