It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't get into which saw is stronger ported (066 or 661), but a stock 661 is a very strong saw, and you made very respectable improvements, good job Brad.

Last time I hit a nail was making a notch on a big Sugar Maple that was near a road, with square file chain. Just put the saw down, picked up another, and made the notch higher! Had to pry pieces of the nail out of 2 teeth before I could sharpen it. The chain looked like H*** after that, with pieces of the top plate missing, but all the corners were still there and it cut just fine.

I won't get into which saw is stronger ported (066 or 661), but a stock 661 is a very strong saw, and you made very respectable improvements, good job Brad.

Last time I hit a nail was making a notch on a big Sugar Maple that was near a road, with square file chain. Just put the saw down, picked up another, and made the notch higher! Had to pry pieces of the nail out of 2 teeth before I could sharpen it. The chain looked like H*** after that, with pieces of the top plate missing, but all the corners were still there and it cut just fine.
Agreed.
Dam hard to compare two saws if you haven't run an example of both of them.
And nails suck.

Brad I really like the way that 661 ran with the 36" bar buried in the ash we cut last month. I've ran numerous 066/660 from a number of builders "one of them being yours", not one impressed me all that much. The most important part, they all cut wood just fine, so it really doesn't matter. I must say I liked that 064 with the 660 top end, that was a runner.

I guess some just like to piss on others success, because of their own shortcomings. Nothing new there. No operating a saw with one hand isn't the safest thing, but we've all done it and in situations like that it's quite safe IMHO, but I always wear nothing but the best PPE available.:omg:

I guess some just like to piss on others success, because of their own shortcomings. Nothing new there.

I have been very vocal about the additional strength that Brad has gotten on his 661 in the cut from his modifications

I went into my 661 and made it stronger, even communicated in a PM with Brad about it ................
I put up a video of mine (running .404 and an 8 tooth rim with a 36:surprised3::chainsaw:) and showed what it does in the butt of a hard maple.

I put up an 066 thats even stronger than my 661 .............. same bar, chain, drive, and wood
Others put up some very strong 066's in response to someones comment about them not being as strong

Where is there any pissing on anyone ?
My 2 videos certainly dont show any shortcomings, nor did jmssaws or Deets videos

If someone would have put on .375 with a 7 tooth and cut a 22" log with a 36" setup, then I could see how someone MIGHT take that as trying to compete with Brad .................... I havent seen that.

Its an internet forum thats open to the public Andy, all the videos show some pretty strong saws, so tell me how I should take your post if I am taking it wrong ................ your vagueness leaves too much to be inferred, and also leaves much to be desired

Brad I really like the way that 661 ran with the 36" bar buried in the ash we cut last month. I've ran numerous 066/660 from a number of builders "one of them being yours", not one impressed me all that much. The most important part, they all cut wood just fine, so it really doesn't matter. I must say I liked that 064 with the 660 top end, that was a runner.

I guess some just like to piss on others success, because of their own shortcomings. Nothing new there. No operating a saw with one hand isn't the safest thing, but we've all done it and in situations like that it's quite safe IMHO, but I always wear nothing but the best PPE available.:omg:

So, if I posted a 661 video in this 661 thread, would that mean I was attacking someone?

This place has become something far removed from a chainsaw enthusiast's site if posting saw videos if considered to be bad form.

Or am I missing something? Are there some deleted posts that tell a different story?

that far into the log and nothing near the tip? in 35yrs of cutting firewood I've never had a saw kick back under those conditions. hitting something embedded in the wood wouldn't cause a KB either and I've hit plenty of crap from nails to cans to electrical insulators :p
My sentiments exactly.

Let me explain why I did this. In no way was I trying to be cool or careless, or suggest that as a proper method of operating a chainsaw. The entire video was a demonstration of the saw. I was attempting to demonstrate that the chain is aggressive yet smooth, and the RPMs the saw is capable of holding in the cut with just that kind of chain. I attempt to demonstrate the entire powerband of my saws when I video them. My builds focus on both RPMs and torque and I try to demonstrate that. Hopefully most were able to see past my "carelessness" and recognize what I was trying to demonstrate.

I have been very vocal about the additional strength that Brad has gotten on his 661 in the cut from his modifications

I went into my 661 and made it stronger, even communicated in a PM with Brad about it ................
I put up a video of mine (running .404 and an 8 tooth rim with a 36:surprised3::chainsaw:) and showed what it does in the butt of a hard maple.

I put up an 066 thats even stronger than my 661 .............. same bar, chain, drive, and wood
Others put up some very strong 066's in response to someones comment about them not being as strong

Where is there any pissing on anyone ?
My 2 videos certainly dont show any shortcomings, nor did jmssaws or Deets videos

If someone would have put on .375 with a 7 tooth and cut a 22" log with a 36" setup, then I could see how someone MIGHT take that as trying to compete with Brad .................... I havent seen that.

Its an internet forum thats open to the public Andy, all the videos show some pretty strong saws, so tell me how I should take your post if I am taking it wrong ................ your vagueness leaves too much to be inferred, and also leaves much to be desired
I wasn't specifically referring any video, just a few juvenile comments made. You're way overreacting and seeing something that isn't there. Lighten up guys, or get a life or something. Wow!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

That's because his track record has given him a hair trigger.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My sentiments exactly.

Let me explain why I did this. In no way was I trying to be cool or careless, or suggest that as a proper method of operating a chainsaw. The entire video was a demonstration of the saw. I was attempting to demonstrate that the chain is aggressive yet smooth, and the RPMs the saw is capable of holding in the cut with just that kind of chain. I attempt to demonstrate the entire powerband of my saws when I video them. My builds focus on both RPMs and torque and I try to demonstrate that. Hopefully most were able to see past my "carelessness" and recognize what I was trying to demonstrate.

What kind of chain?

Carelessness and stupidity often go hand in hand.

I've had a hell of a week. The engine blew in my loader Sunday. Now it is sitting in the mud behind the shop. I wish I could pull it on up a 100' or so. Now to find a good block, and gather Perkins parts up for a rebuild.

And y'all wanna fuss over some silly chainsaws.

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back