It's here! The M-Tronic MS261C is finally here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That stamped bucking spike looks cheap. I can't believe they did that. On a $600 saw. That's not right.

Dual dogs here we come.

And the suspense builds. :D

There will be no vids in wood until later in the week, perhaps Thurday night. My truck is waiting for me to install new brakes on it in the driveway. Sometimes life dictates what you'll do, rather than what you want to do:(

IMG_1060-M.jpg

You need one of these Brad, so you can work in the standing position.:)

What all this sameness means, is that we're good to proceed with the same mods I've been doing to the MS261. Fortunately, the intake tract and carb are the same design as before, such that the dividers can be removed and more fuel fed to the engine.

So you think the M-tronic system will compensate for gutting the strato stuff?

Not nearly as risky as the first 261 when I went out on a limb and gutted the strato!

For the newb...

What is the concept behind strato (dual level split) intake? Is it better charge mixing? More turbulent tumble? Higher torq ? Lower emissions due to ... what?

For the newb...

What is the concept behind strato (dual level split) intake? Is it better charge mixing? More turbulent tumble? Higher torq ? Lower emissions due to ... what?

[video=youtube;IY7zQKw4qsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY7zQKw4qsQ[/video]

Think of it as layered, levels of gasses (hence the 'strato' name).
The upper layer is mostly air, which helps to push the exhaust gas out, without exhausting unburnt fuel.
The lower level is air mixed with 2-cycle mix, which combines with the remaining air for combustion. The idea is to prevent pushing unburnt fuel mix out with the exhaust.

Philbert

Think of it as layered, levels of gasses (hence the 'strato' name).
The upper layer is mostly air, which helps to push the exhaust gas out, without exhausting unburnt fuel.
The lower level is air mixed with 2-cycle mix, which combines with the remaining air for combustion. The idea is to prevent pushing unburnt fuel mix out with the exhaust.

Philbert
Thanks for that! Now we need something similar that shows what Brad does to "de-strato" the saw for super-power. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back