It's here! The M-Tronic MS261C is finally here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious but where is the US MS-261 made?

I tried to tell from the pictures earlier in this thread but there was not enough resolution.

Cheers

Justin

Hi Justin.
Brad is correct in saying that the US delivered MS261's are made in the US at Stihl's Virginia Beach plant.
The same saw model delivered via Australian Stihl dealers is coming out of Germany. If you see a US made MS201T, MS261, MS362 etc in Australia it is a "grey import" out of the US and not covered by Stihl Australia's warranty.
Although the M-Tronic versions fix this issue US made saws tend to be tuned a lot leaner than Australian delivered saws to satisfy US EPA rules and regulations. Therefore a number of the US made saws produce less power out of the box than the German made Australian delivered saws.

Has anyone heard of any problems with the 261 with the M-Tronic yet ?? I'm really wanting one but always leary of buying a "new model" anything...

Has anyone heard of any problems with the 261 with the M-Tronic yet ?? I'm really wanting one but always leary of buying a "new model" anything...

I've already ported about eight of these......have one of my own that is modded with 20 tanks or so on it. I've yet to hear of a single hicup from anyone.

I've already ported about eight of these......have one of my own that is modded with 20 tanks or so on it. I've yet to hear of a single hicup from anyone.

I'm just a firewood guy, not a pro so there wouldn't be any modding.....at least until the warranty was up. Any con's to this new saw running stock ? Anything will be better than the 024 I'm using now but it's
done everything I've asked it to. Just not real fast...Lol..

Ran mine stock for a tank...they are nice but after randy ported mine it is a totally different saw. Take my advice and just send it to him from the beginning and you know to love it then. Randy always pucks up saws but he reallllllllly has this m tronic thing figured out.

I am on tank number 4 and it is just starting to build power while buried in the cut. I like how fast it revs and how easy it is to start. I was blocking up some large cherry tree rounds with it last weekend, the 365XT would have been the correct tool but, the 261 did fine.

Only that a certain ported 2153 makes them "tuck tail and run". :ices_rofl:. 50cc is just a limbing saw in my book so I expect it to be very light, zippy, and quick which is what the 2153 gives me.

Randy, Have you seriously put 20 tanks thru your saw? On that 2153........ I don't know how many tanks Dave ran thru it before I got it from him (the thing was MINT) but I only have 3 tanks max thru it since I have owned it (only need a saw like that occasionally since I usually process large rounds/logs for my :chop:).

Ran mine stock for a tank...they are nice but after randy ported mine it is a totally different saw. Take my advice and just send it to him from the beginning and you know to love it then. Randy always pucks up saws but he reallllllllly has this m tronic thing figured out.

It's safe to say he has them all figured out at this point. No other builder has shared their work and proven their saws on AS like Randy has. Not considering build threads..... just look at Mastermind7864 youtube videos of the saws he's done and posted. He's been in about every saw that is relevant at this time.

Back