It's time to have a serious discussion.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good shot. A little to the left or right and that tree would have gone to Diamond Match.

The last few boxes I've bought of these, there hardly enough starter on the tip to light one. :mad:

It's Saturday Night!!!

Some landing action.
Scanned0002.jpg

Scanned0003.jpg

Scanned0004.jpg

Scanned0005.jpg

#### Randy, now your just tormenting us guys now days, lol.

That looks to be quite the time period and place for OG.

Hell, it's all over in all the pictures, big wood on the ground, standing, loaded, :rockn:

Keep the pictures coming Randymac. I like seeing all these pictures from the old growth days.

That old beat 988 had it's arms full. The loaderman rolled the buttcut around until the weight was at the bottom, when the rear wheels stayed on the ground, the truck backed underneath the log. We had stuff like that everyday, the guys at the main deck had a bigger loader, no problems getting logs off loaded.

To the good ol' days

Awesome pics man! I had a few snorts of brown liquor last night, sorry I wasn't drinkin with you pard but the missus was cuddled up to me, and she gets mad when i have my puter out, and she wants to cuddle :angry:

moto_0211.jpg

If you are not totally confident you can cut some 3" whips and place them over the stumps, it works great.

Good shot man. That is a good trick, that works well. Another thing I used to do if I had to throw a bunch of trees in amongst some stumps, especially on a high spot or a ridge, I always liked to round em off(the stumps that is)...amazing how they would deflect a tree if you hit them...which sometimes I would do on purpose to kick a butt of the tree I was falling around to be in lead with the rest of my logs.

Good shot man. That is a good trick, that works well. Another thing I used to do if I had to throw a bunch of trees in amongst some stumps, especially on a high spot or a ridge, I always liked to round em off(the stumps that is)...amazing how they would deflect a tree if you hit them...which sometimes I would do on purpose to kick a butt of the tree I was falling around to be in lead with the rest of my logs.

Yes sir, slice your stump sides. I put the slice on top of the stump it came off, then watch it blow up and fly when the tree hits it, usually kicking it right in lead and saving out well. Good trick for bad ground where one side of your stump is higher than the other due to the steep terrain.

Latest posts

Back