It's time to have a serious discussion.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread makes me want to go kill trees! :cheers:

Awesome pics and stories guys. :)

If you come to the PNW GTG, do you want to bring a front and rear bumper set, maybe a channel type bumper set for a 91-95 toyota with you? I'll pay you, of course :cheers: I've got the factory brush gaurd on the front now. I'll keep it, just wanted some heavy bumpers, they could be black too :)

I'll make it right with you, monetary wise

If you come to the PNW GTG, do you want to bring a front and rear bumper set, maybe a channel type bumper set for a 91-95 toyota with you? I'll pay you, of course :cheers: I've got the factory brush gaurd on the front now. I'll keep it, just wanted some heavy bumpers, they could be black too :)

I'll make it right with you, monetary wise

Hmmmm. . . You temptress!! LOL

I've wanted to go to the last couple PNW GTG's. . . This would give me a good reason.

"No honey, I'm not really happy about going to run saws and hang out. . . It's for work." :monkey: LOL

You'd have to give me a little more detail on what you wanted?? Like, looks, price/budget, etc. :cheers:

Grab me a picture of that grill-guard on your truck, chances are it's one of those flimsy, cheap-o chrome ones right? You'd be better off having an integrated grill-guard on the bumper itself. :)

Wait until you see the new headache-rack/cab-guard I came up with. . . You'll nut in your shorts. Hahahahaha

Hmmmm. . . You temptress!! LOL

I've wanted to go to the last couple PNW GTG's. . . This would give me a good reason.

"No honey, I'm not really happy about going to run saws and hang out. . . It's for work." :monkey: LOL

You'd have to give me a little more detail on what you wanted?? Like, looks, price/budget, etc. :cheers:

Grab me a picture of that grill-guard on your truck, chances are it's one of those flimsy, cheap-o chrome ones right? You'd be better off having an integrated grill-guard on the bumper itself. :)

Wait until you see the new headache-rack/cab-guard I came up with. . . You'll nut in your shorts. Hahahahaha

Ok, I'll PM ya later. I got the factory heavy duty one, it's actually fairly nice for 350 bucks back in 2000. It goes over the grill, wraps around the headlights. I don't need anything super fancy, just black, decent strength. I have 250K on my Yota crummy but it's in decent shape, just rebuilt the motor at 212, so it's not imperitive that it's high dollar, but I ain't no tight ass either. LOL

Ok, I'll PM ya later. I got the factory heavy duty one, it's actually fairly nice for 350 bucks back in 2000. It goes over the grill, wraps around the headlights. I don't need anything super fancy, just black, decent strength. I have 250K on my Yota crummy but it's in decent shape, just rebuilt the motor at 212, so it's not imperitive that it's high dollar, but I ain't no tight ass either. LOL

Yeah, shoot me a PM and a shot of the truck front and rear. We'd have to build your stuff on a donor truck, but that's usually not a problem.

Where's the GTG this year and when??

I'm thinking it's the first weekend in May, at Booker's place....posssibly. Booker don't shoot me if this is incorrect. :)

Yes sir, slice your stump sides. I put the slice on top of the stump it came off, then watch it blow up and fly when the tree hits it, usually kicking it right in lead and saving out well. Good trick for bad ground where one side of your stump is higher than the other due to the steep terrain.

I'd put the "cheers" icon on here, but my computer is being so slow I got fed up waiting for it........but cheers anyway!

here's one for the flatlanders

TreeLife0002.jpg

Cody!!! how is the lad?
That stick was felled in Del Norte County, Klamath River drainage. The biggest and the best Redwoods were/are in Del Norte. Before you-all mangle the pronouncation, it's Del Norte, not Del Norte' or Del Norty. As with all furrin or injin names, we go out of our way the pre-mangle the name, as in droppin' the e' offin the Spanish words for "the north".

Sorry you are having a tough go, you only have four days to feel better for the weekend.

The big bearded guy on the right is my buddy Vestal, I think the name of the faller is Tillson, I probably have that wrong. No matter, I'm planning to visit him soon enough, plunder his stories and photos for my book. Vestal still has the Kart 125s he used and some McCulloch hotsaws from back in the day. This is all fissionable material, better apply coolant before critical mess hits. Rye anyone?
I am staging a raid, deep into the darkest interior of Washington, Sultan. The reason for the trip is one of those family events. With any luck I would see some of these people for another 10 years.
I might be picking up a pair of Reed Prentice 1200Bs, they are giant lumps of various metals, sawchain with shark's teeth and a helper handle. Made by McCulloch in the late 1940s. They were powered by McC aviation motors, 4HP at 4300rpm. I can picture using something like this.

Awesome pics Randy! That is some serious ####### wood!

That was a helluva shot back there Burvol too! Threadin the needle!

Here's a few uglies I had from today and some signs that spring is coming fast. The road was gettin squishy last week already. Snows goin down, saps goin up.

attachment.php

Droolin sap. Boxelders are in the maple family. Native Americans used to use the sap for something, can't remember what though. Tried some today, its a little sweet. As soon as I'd gun one, it was like turning a faucet on.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lookin for any limbs that don't have to go to the landing.
attachment.php

The road late last week.
attachment.php

Awesome pics Randy! That is some serious ####### wood!

That was a helluva shot back there Burvol too! Threadin the needle!

Here's a few uglies I had from today and some signs that spring is coming fast. The road was gettin squishy last week already. Snows goin down, saps goin up.

attachment.php

Droolin sap. Boxelders are in the maple family. Native Americans used to use the sap for something, can't remember what though. Tried some today, its a little sweet. As soon as I'd gun one, it was like turning a faucet on.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lookin for any limbs that don't have to go to the landing.
attachment.php

The road late last week.
attachment.php

thats one ####ed up stump dude!!!

Back