I've always heard what happens if you yank on your saw when it's pinched......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some folks are professional at being ham fisted. The word finesse doesn't quite come to mind in this case.

Broken vibration/motor mounts.
Broken handles.
Broken chain brake/guard.
Broken DOG mounts.

when you get that worked up you usually get yourself hurt too.

1) Breath deep
2) Exhale slow

On the Stihl's look at the frame near the mixing screws. If its been yanked the top cover may get jammed against the main frame housing. Sometime parts will chip or break. Sometimes the plastic will rub onto the mating part and smear.

My used 026 has an interesting notch in the top of the brake handle. I suspect that it was collateral damage when someone was working to cut mine free.

That was how I got my last Stihl 034 super. The p/o pinched it and had to have went ballistic. Ripped the rear handle fuel tank assembly almost in half and bent the top handle so badly it could not be completly straightened. I'll bet the saw did not have 50 hours on it. Ron White's saying " you can't fix stupid"! CJ

sometimes all it takes is an idiot who has made multiple cuts in the same tree trying to drop it. gets it stuck in one of his many cuts, tree decides to give up, falls and takes the saw with it bouncing the powerhead off the stump while the bar is stuck in the trunk.
seen one saw (nice new jondered 670 champ:frown:) that the guy tossed in the back of the truck, then tossed his toolbox in and slid it towards the back. saw got stuck on the spare tire, while the tip of the bar was against the other side of the truck. tool box smacked into the wrap handle. you get the idea. no it wasn't covered under warranty, and yes he did ask then pitch a fit when we said ummmm no.

Latest posts

Back