J-red 621 vs. Stihl 028 Super:

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel Freak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for comparisons. I have an 028s already but have come across a Jred 621 for $75. All things being equal I am considering picking up the 621 to get some equity out of my 028s. I know the 028 has a cult following (which I don't get) and from what I've read the 621 is a rock and heavy as one too. Let me pose it a different way. My life is changing rapidly
as I'm in the middle of a divorce. I don't necessarily need the money but it never hurts. With that being said I would like to liquidate some things because I'm going to have limited storage space and no good place to work on stuff. I'm planning to keep my 026 for sure. Other than that I'mnot sure what to do. I love my PM800 for the obvi man factor. On one hand I got a great deal on it so it's not choosing me much. On the other hand it's a 25lb object to trip over with a 28" bar sticking out of it and it's worth a couple bucks. I just needed to talk it out guys. I'm gonna keep the 026, the Dolmar 117, and sell the rest.

Joseph

sell them all and buy that 562 you've always wanted :D one saw is very manageable even in a city apartment LOL

Yeah,
I'm still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger when they were on sale for $650 with a 20" bar and 2 chains...

Joseph

The 028 is a lot nicer to run than a 621. Probably has a 10 year advantage of engineering advancements. A clean 621 is definitely worth having though.

image.jpeg

The nicest old Jonsereds I own, got lucky on eBay.

The one I'm looking atsis definitely not that nice! That things shinin' like a diamond. I'm gonna go noodle some big trunk pieces tomorrow with my PM800 A's then it's down the road.... Did I mention I found a Dolmar 7900 locally for $325? If only I was in a better place.

Joseph

Back