Johnsreds 2094

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberjack zack

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found one in a pawn shop with a 28 inch bar in decent shape its dirty from riding in the back of the truck but nothing's broken and runs and oils. They want 500 what should I offer them?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That’s not a terrible price. $400 would be better.

There’s a lot of gamble in a pawn shop saw. They usually have something seriously wrong with them.

I would offer $350 and walk away at $400, but I have more big saws than I need.

If they won't let you pull the muffler I would be sceptical about it. If they aren't hiding anything they wouldn't mind you pulling the muffler. Maybe try showing up with a new muffler gasket and see if they will be let you pull it then. If not leave it there

If it dont check out or you do not buy let me know please I have a customer I have been looking for a parts saw for past 6 months need cases and a few other odds and ends thank you have a good day

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Keep in mind they paid probly a third of that for the saw. Id offer em $250 if it looked in decent shape, as said above, a lot of risk involved in buying from a pawn shop. Piss on it for any more than that if it was me.

Keep in mind they paid probly a third of that for the saw. Id offer em $250 if it looked in decent shape, as said above, a lot of risk involved in buying from a pawn shop. Piss on it for any more than that if it was me.
Agree, but we need pictures! :yes: Compression is very good, if it has a base gasket. I hate dirty saws!

Definitely the better deal as far as parts availability. You would have loved the Jred till you had to find a part for it

Back