Jonesred and husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That numbering system is confusing especially if you are at the chainsaw counter and you ask that guy " Is this the same saw as the 346 Husky?" and he says yes. My Jonsered dealer is an old time dealer and could give a rats arse about Husky. My BAD!!! But like I said, I love my 2152.

..... .

That really is about a confused dealer, not about confusing model numbers. ;)

However, they aren't always logic - so you need to know, not try to "translate" the numbers.

They all have a website with a very detailed description of their products. If only figuring out which oil to use was so easy.:)

They all have a website with a very detailed description of their products. If only figuring out which oil to use was so easy.:)

---Cop cars come screaming around the corner-- Helicopter hovers above with piercing spotlight--- Loudspeakers click on---
"SIR, PLACE THE OIL THREAD ON THE GROUND AND SLOWLY TAKE THREE STEPS BACK!!!"

To me that is the biggest problem with Jonsereds. They have too D@MN many numbers. The average person (me) can't keep track of them. I bought my 2152 by mistake thinking I was getting a 2153. No regrets though. The price was really good and its a great saw.
When I bought my 2152 it had the "CAT" muffler on it....I swapped it out with a Non-Cat version and for me the saw went from being a good saw to being a really good saw. If you still have the cat muffler I would recommend swapping it out...( just my opinion and personnel experience..not gospel )

When I bought my 2152 it had the "CAT" muffler on it....I swapped it out with a Non-Cat version and for me the saw went from being a good saw to being a really good saw. If you still have the cat muffler I would recommend swapping it out...( just my opinion and personnel experience..not gospel )

Tell you the truth I wouldn't know fI I did or didn't. May be I'll check it out the next time I sharpen the chain. In the meantime, I have to use it to cut wood. When it quits cutting wood, then, may be I'll look in to that muffler.
That really is about a confused dealer, not about confusing model numbers. ;)

However, they aren't always logic - so you need to know, not try to "translate" the numbers.

Well the dealer may be confused on numbers and such, but he knows his S#it about OPE. If he didn't I wouldn't be buying Jonsered!!! You just made my point though. If the dealer is confused?

Note to self!!! Tell that chainsaw dealer to update his freakin WI FI connection so when I'm at his counter buying a saw that I can log on to the JRed website and compare his price to Tractor Supply's site and try and get that extra chain , gallon of bar oil, 6 pack of mix, and may be a hat.

The handle thing is crazy. I have cut with both Huskys and Jreds and don't know any limitations to either setup. This site is the only place that makes it an issue.

The WWS 2260 only limitation is that it is hard to run for more than 2 tanks of fuel due to your face cramping from smiling too hard. Love red and black saws. tlandrum of WWS is worth dealing with for either husky or jred. He gives port packages with saws you purchase from him.

Back