Jonnyred input needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbh31118

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was hopen someone might have some info on a jonnyred 2165. I've seen one for sale in my local area for, what seems to me pretty cheap, $250. The saw is clean, original bar, and appears to have very little use. I really need a new saw but I don't have any experiance with this brand, there aren't any dealers near by that I know of so are parts easy to get online ect,ect. :help:

Any thoughts or feed back would be greatly appricated. :cheers:

Hi there. Yeah the Jonsered 2165 is a very good saw. And if you can work on it yourself then i'd say go for it! Parts are readily available online as well through Bailey's which is a sponsor of this site.:cheers:

The 2165 is a good saw. New price is around $530.00 on sale with a 18" bar. It is the little version of the 2171. I do not know if you can get parts on line as I have access to a good dealer. You might ask Bailey's if they can get you parts.

fixitguy75 said:
Hi there. Yeah the Jonsered 2165 is a very good saw. And if you can work on it yourself then i'd say go for it! Parts are readily available online as well through Bailey's which is a sponsor of this site.:cheers:

I got to type faster.:biggrinbounce2:

Basically the same saw as the Husly 365, and a well proven design.:)

A bit heavy for its power, but not really bad.....

You would not be disapointed with this brand, 250 seems to be a very good deal, I have a 2186 and an 80, they have treated me well, They are very fast. Have you ever run a husky? They perform pretty close to the same. As they are made by the same company.

Yeah Bailey's has parts for Husqvarna, Jonsered, and echo. They are usually not listed in thier catalogs but if you call them you can order whatever you need.

I believe parts for that saw "family" will be around "forever" - there are simply too many saws out there to discontinue the parts....

..... and Husky tend to be better than Stihl regarding parts for older saws, I understand....

Back