Jonsered 2050 RPM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Petrol,

Carefull with that 2050...........the handle fell off mine the other day in the bush:cry: Saw runs fine (now) but, seems like I fixed a dozen or so problems with it already, I could write a list! Dealer told me a while back that their (Jonsered) small saws are problematic, big stuff seems just fine though.

Paul

Hey Fred,

Yeah, that was a problem..........the cable had a kink in it inside the handle and wouldn't allow full carb opening. A covering of shrink wrap fixed that one.
The fuel line was another, also had a kink, drove me crazy with needle adjustments till I found it.
The choke was another headache till I found a missing "C" clip on the carb.
Runs like a top now........finally but, if I had to pay a dealer to do it, would have chucked it long ago :biggrinbounce2:

Paul61 said:
... Carefull with that 2050...........the handle fell off mine the other day in the bush:cry: Saw runs fine (now) but, seems like I fixed a dozen or so problems with it already, ....l
That series of small Jreds (2041, 2045 and 2050) have been reported to have some problems. It is really a Partner Design - I think it is at least partly based on the Partner 500.

The Newer 21xx series of small Jreds (2141, 2145 and 2150) are Husky designed, and reportedly much better (mostly the same as Husky 340, 345 and 350)..

Latest posts

Back