Jonsered 2051 & Old farts getting firewood... ( "Bling saw" too for those who know it)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two 2054's and love them for smaller wood or limbing spruce and hemlock.. My grandson went to Wanakeena Ranger School and they use 2054's for there forestry classes.

Not sure if this is a earlier 2054 or not the 50 is a rancher open port but making 170 psi now Johnny is only making 150
The Jonsered's ports and port timing is its game. A compression mod would do the same to it as the 50. I remember getting into one of those and they were in layers! I think I remember you could either trim the bearing cap like a 350 husqvarna's or deck the cylinder...a no base gasket build can accomplish the same thing I guess. It's been a few years since I had one apart. But if it is as I remember, the bearing cap is just like the Husqvarna 350's and it would be easier to take a little material off the top to get to that .020 squish typical for those small saws than about anything else....and that's assuming there is room to reduce the squish! Of course the right way to treat a collector saw like that one is ... just leave it stock. Maybe freshin it up with a ring, seals, rubber parts like fuel lines , and a carb kit if its getting tired.

I love your videos with you two guys. Love the history on the older saws. Takes me back to the time I bought a new 49sp. I will be tuned in for another vid next week.

Love the screen name.....I worked for a construction company just out side of Peekskill NY, off Oregon road named "Damfino"...:) Few old WW2 vets and they were all characters. Asked them what was the name from? Guy said...damn if I know! I spend a lot of time changing old tires on old Macks...

I got a 2054 out of the scrap pile at the dump a year ago...put a bar and chain on it and new rim spr. what a nice saw 16 325 I ran and quiet and fast....sold it to a buddy that needed a saw...still local so I could use it if I get lonely...He was gonna five it to a friend of his up north...I said "don't run it you wont give it up" he never passed it on to his bud...

Thanks for the link but I don't have an eBay account. I might have to get one just to support my cad lol but there's a rental place right across from my house I'll try them. I have never had good luck with dealers though they always wanna sell me a new saw and I really like my old saws.

Back