Jonsered 2054

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No i said the 2054 is a de-tuned 2055? RIGHT?:greenchainsaw:

Correct. The 2054 was available from the early 90's until about 1998 or 99. The sister saw to the 2054 in the early 90's was the smaller 2051, but was replaced by the 2055 in the later half of the decade. I think Troll was trying to say that the 2054 came before the 2055.

Correct. The 2054 was available from the early 90's until about 1998 or 99. The sister saw to the 2054 in the early 90's was the smaller 2051, but was replaced by the 2055 in the later half of the decade. I think Troll was trying to say that the 2054 came before the 2055.

I gotcha, I see what he ment now.

I don't think I have ever seen a 2051, are they rare or did they never make it over seas? or just not that popular.

Sorry will saw for beer, I'm not trying to de-rail your thread, but this series of saws interest me too.

Wow, this has really turned out to be quite a thread. Hopefully someone doing a search will find this useful down the road.

:cheers:

I'll let you guys know if I get the saw, although it's doubtful unless it's a real creampuff or I can get it dirt cheap. I was really hoping for a pro grade screamer that was a bit smaller than the 254 and the 2054 sounds more like a mid level homeowner saw.:(

I don't think I have ever seen a 2051, are they rare or did they never make it over seas? or just not that popular.

Sorry will saw for beer, I'm not trying to de-rail your thread, but this series of saws interest me too.

The 2051 isn't all that rare, just not a big seller. Kind of like the price jump between the 2150 and the 2153. Not many people needed the extra power of the 2051 for the price difference. It was a great limbing saw, and lots of power. They do show up, but the 2054 was the big seller in that family of saws.

Wow, this has really turned out to be quite a thread. Hopefully someone doing a search will find this useful down the road.

I'll let you guys know if I get the saw, although it's doubtful unless it's a real creampuff or I can get it dirt cheap. I was really hoping for a pro grade screamer that was a bit smaller than the 254 and the 2054 sounds more like a mid level homeowner saw.:(

The 2054 isn't really a homeowner saw, I would say it is a semi-pro model. :)

Sorry for jumping in here late in the discussion and I should have said in my original responce that the only difference between the 2054(53cc mod) and the 2055 is the p&c . The '54 has open transfer ports of Partner design and the '55 has closed transfer ports. I have both saws and only needed one IPL. P&C + the ring only noted difference. New, the P&C are pricy!

Latest posts

Back