Jonsered 2094W?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beowulf67

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I happen to come across a nice, barely used Jonsered 2094 about a month ago. It has quickly become my "go to" saw for bucking hardwoods in the 3' diameter range. After some thorough digging, I obtained a copy of the spare parts list right here on this forum. Thanks...... I was skimming over the pages when I came across a part listing for a replacement sprocket cover decal that read, "JONSERED 2094w." I am well aware of the Husqvarna 394xpg, but never heard a peep about a 2094w. Decal has a part #, so I guess the heated carb/handles were an option. Anybody have any additional info? Thanks in advance.

Pete

Hi everyone, I happen to come across a nice, barely used Jonsered 2094 about a month ago.

Okay, based on the above, can I please get a rousing "YOU SUCK!!!"?

On a more serious note :) , I wish I could help you on the question, but I can't. Welcome to the 'hood, though!

Hi everyone, I happen to come across a nice, barely used Jonsered 2094 about a month ago. It has quickly become my "go to" saw for bucking hardwoods in the 3' diameter range. After some thorough digging, I obtained a copy of the spare parts list right here on this forum. Thanks...... I was skimming over the pages when I came across a part listing for a replacement sprocket cover decal that read, "JONSERED 2094w." I am well aware of the Husqvarna 394xpg, but never heard a peep about a 2094w. Decal has a part #, so I guess the heated carb/handles were an option. Anybody have any additional info? Thanks in advance.

Pete

I think post #3 answered most of your questions but here is some more info.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...bfec62278da4364e88256d01001b05c5?OpenDocument

the w means it has a wrap handlebar,g means it has a heated handle and carb

The W has used to mean heated handles on newer Jonsereds - not sure what it meant on the 2094 though.......

WH means heated handles and heated carb.

On Huskys the W means wrap handles......

Last edited:
YOU SUCK!http://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/cheers.gif

Thanks Guys...You're ALL HEARThttp://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks Troll, Thats what I thought.

Spare time will be at an absolute premium over the next couple of days, so I will try and get some more concrete info to you all soon. In the mean time, check out the IPL's at Simonians for the 2094. Upon closer inspection it looks like optional parts such as switch, generator, wires, and a separate handlebar insert with coil are available. I even Googled "394xpg" and got a Husky service bulletin complete with an exploded parts view. Upon comparing the two, the Husky and Jonsered parts are the same but have differing part numbers by only one digit. I'll be doing some digging over the next couple of days and will post my findings soon. In the meantime, thanks for the welcome and take it easy.

Pete

I originally thought that the 2094 for a large part was a Jred based on the 394xp - but have since been convinced that it wasn't.

There obviously are differences in the handle design (the Jonsered showing earlier Partner influence) so it will be interesting to hear what you find out about parts communability......

The ONLY piece in common was the piston

EVERY other part was different.

The 2094 was a Jred design (an updated 920 layout) with Partner influence and the 2095 was with more modern Partner inspired updates.

Run them side by side (394 and 2094) and you will see that they are VERY different animals.

EVERY other part was different.

The 2094 was a Jred design (an updated 920 layout) with Partner influence and the 2095 was with more modern Partner inspired updates.

Run them side by side (394 and 2094) and you will see that they are VERY different animals.

That fits with other info I have, so I was a bit puzzled when he wrote that the part number matched........:)

Last edited:
Hi guys, Sorry for the delay in getting back and thanks for the responses so far. I talked a bit with my dealer last week and he could not confirm ever selling or seeing a 2094W. We did, however, break out the spare parts book and confirm the info I have: separate listings for winterized 2094 parts.

PES+: I never really thought about it but guess you were right about the "updated 920 layout". Can definitely see 920 influence all over the 2094, especially with the handle setup. Also, was not expecting a comment like "totally different animals" when comparing the 2094 to the 394. Thought they were essentially the same. Please elaborate.

sawTroll: Sorry for the misunderstanding about the part numbers....Some of the winterized part numbers are similar between the 394 and 2094. For example:

Internal generator (armature?):
501 80 24-1 394
501 80 24-2 2094

PTO side rear handle heated insert:
501 62 93-05 394
501 62 93-04 2094

Recoil side:
no part # 394
501 62 93-04 2094 (same as above)

Screw for rear handle insert:
724 32 24 05 same # for both

Actually, after closer inspection, these are the only parts with numbers closely related. Parts such as heated half wrap handle, heater switch, and wiring....totally different numbers.

Anyone have any idea where on the power head the heater switch would be located. I think one of our members in Germany recently acquired a 394xpg. Would love to see a pic of that mounting location.

Currently have some issues with my camera but I will be posting some pics of my 2094 real soon:cheers:

BTW, STIIIIIIILLLLLL looking for that nice, well maintained 2095. I have had a wanted ad up for some time here and the only response so far: Some outfit in China sent me a fuzzy (at best) picture of what looked like a like new 2065. Definitely not a 2095. Maybe they read "6" upside down????? Any body?

Latest posts

Back