Jonsered a 451e ignition coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellis90

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently got my hands on a Jonsered 451e. Overall the saw is in really great shape, but I was having some issues with the saw starting. At first it was great, then spotty, then not at all. I took it to a local Mechanic that has been working on Jonsered saws for over 50 years and he pulled a frayed ignition coil out of it that needs to be replaced. Only problem is that the part seems nearly impossible to find. I managed to get a picture of the part, and have attached it to this post hoping that someone might have some insight or could point me in the right direction of where to find one. Thanks in advance, and my apologies if this post is in the wrong section..I am new to the site as of this morning :)

Attachments

• ABF85B95-EF52-4937-8E8F-511B79712CEE.jpeg
    ABF85B95-EF52-4937-8E8F-511B79712CEE.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the reply, and the insight on revisions. So far I have come across an early and late model ignition, but both look like they mount differently than the one that was pulled out of mine. Sounds like I will have to do some more digging before I commit..the only parts I can find are shipping out if Lithuania, and untested :| Thanks again

Hi,

I recently got my hands on a Jonsered 451e. Overall the saw is in really great shape, but I was having some issues with the saw starting. At first it was great, then spotty, then not at all. I took it to a local Mechanic that has been working on Jonsered saws for over 50 years and he pulled a frayed ignition coil out of it that needs to be replaced. Only problem is that the part seems nearly impossible to find. I managed to get a picture of the part, and have attached it to this post hoping that someone might have some insight or could point me in the right direction of where to find one. Thanks in advance, and my apologies if this post is in the wrong section..I am new to the site as of this morning :)
Also looking for Jred ignition parts.. Also having very poor results locating the correct replacement.. My search continues, and will respond with ANY results.. Please keep me in mind if have better results than I am finding.

Hi,

That coil looks eerily similar to the Jred coil I'm trying to replace.. I've had a trying time with this and would appreciate learning of your progress and results.. The gurus on this site are very helpful and have a wealth of experience .

That coil looks eerily similar to the Jred coil I'm trying to replace.. I've had a trying time with this and would appreciate learning of your progress and results.. The gurus on this site are very helpful and have a wealth of experience .
If and when my saw runs again properly, I'm pretty sure I will immediately order a second set-up. Just for Karma.

Also looking for Jred ignition parts.. Also having very poor results locating the correct replacement.. My search continues, and will respond with ANY results.. Please keep me in mind if have better results than I am finding.
Sorry for the late reply. When I first started my search I reached out to Chainsawr.com, being the only site that I was even able to find the 2 piece ignition coil that I needed for my late model 451e. They didn’t have any stock, but I had my name put on a list to be notified if the part became available. I was surprised a week ago to receive an email from one of their employees notifying me of a used coil that had been pulled from a saw they’d gotten in. My best advice would be to get your name put on a list with them..took about 6 months but they pulled through! Very happy with the service, eager to see how the part performs when it arrives

Sorry for the late reply. When I first started my search I reached out to Chainsawr.com, being the only site that I was even able to find the 2 piece ignition coil that I needed for my late model 451e. They didn’t have any stock, but I had my name put on a list to be notified if the part became available. I was surprised a week ago to receive an email from one of their employees notifying me of a used coil that had been pulled from a saw they’d gotten in. My best advice would be to get your name put on a list with them..took about 6 months but they pulled through! Very happy with the service, eager to see how the part performs when it arrives
Received, thanx,, I found my ignition was interchangeable with an HQA 266. There was an adapter bracket thing going on with mine I have seen only once. I learned the hard way on this one, it is now screaming as intended.

Received, thanx,, I found my ignition was interchangeable with an HQA 266. There was an adapter bracket thing going on with mine I have seen only once. I learned the hard way on this one, it is now screaming as intended.
Did you use the ignition kit for the Husqvarna 266 on a 451 or another jonsered? Any issues so far or still going strong? I looked at some of the 266 coils online and the hole spacing and location look right for my 451e.

With that adapter bracket piece removed, the suitable replacement was also a fit for Hqa. Couple of folks here on AS took the time to post pics and coax me thru it. My Jred is a 630.. I have no experience with your 451..

I am pretty sure I have tha coil you need single or 2, will check in the morning!

Hi,

Is this a 2 piece coil system?

Is this a 2 piece coil system?
My 451E did the same n I tested the coil with a multimeter n found my secondary coil bad. I bought aftermarket Husqvarna 2 piece coil (455) I believe. The 455 Husqvarna is also obsolete. That why I had to go aftermarket. I couldn’t get it to work but my primary coil (module) tested good so I used the Husqvarna secondary coil n pam it fired right up. I also suggest take the muffler off n check the piston. My was fried losing compression. Check ur on/off switch also. Hope that may help.

OP if you're still looking for one, I may have an OEM. I'm restoring a 451EV myself and preemptively picked up an extra ignition system when I went crazy buying parts for it. It's a two piece from the early run of 451's. I don't have it in front of me at the moment but I should be able to get you a p/n when I get home tomorrow.

Back