Jonsered 2153, Sawtroll may be right!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E.V.A. Sawman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Helped out today at the family timber business, and took along the J red 2153, that I just put back together, along with a 385xp that I got a while back and had never ran. I was quite impressed with the j red it is not a bad saw at all, It is set up for 3/8 and the only b&c we had for it was a laminated 16" bar and a loop of that 3/8 with the bent over safety raker, like the stuff Dolmar gives you. Even with this set up, it is was a very impressive saw, nice speed and power, feels nice with the straight front bar(some what like a 5000 partner but not quite as good) and the heated bars and grip were nice. I can see where Sawtroll would like this series of saws, not bad at all this one may be a keeper. Ran the 385xp also for the first time in wood, it also is a nice saw, good torque and power, handles nice also. ( was running a 22" Partner roller nosebar, these are great for bore cutting as they don't have a lot of kickback) I have never ran either one of these saws before and I would recommend either one to someone looking to purchase a saw of this type.

Back