Jonsered 2153 vs Husqvarna 550xp Are they identical ? Same saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanman55

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Done the bearings in my 550 . Warranty and im using it daily . works great but n o more warranty so i need a new saw to have ready. Love the 550 .. Love it but id like to have my first new jonsered before they are gone so i need to know are these 2 saws basically just different plastic and color? They feel the same and same power? Thanks

Im thinking the 2153 is the equivalent of the husky 346 ne. The 2153 can’t be available now . Can it?

lately the 550 has been in the shop more then into the wood pile.. first the ring seizes and broke ? so new top end! now the danged thing will not start half the time and wont run the rest of the time!! auto tune is the worst thing for a good saw brand!! simple carbs are the easiest and best runners!! bring them back!!

I’m sure there’s still some new346’s out there. I found two in December. Never had gas or oil in them. One has had 8-9 tanks through it , the other is still a virgin. Or you could always build one with a 340,345 ,350,351 or 353 donor saw with a factory 346 top end!

My 550 besides bearings has lots of miles on it. Bearings were my fault btw. Ill just get another 550. Love my 562 also. I was told the stihl 50cc saw was good but i hate the feel of them. 346 is smaller than my 550 so dont want that

lately the 550 has been in the shop more then into the wood pile.. first the ring seizes and broke ? so new top end! now the danged thing will not start half the time and wont run the rest of the time!! auto tune is the worst thing for a good saw brand!! simple carbs are the easiest and best runners!! bring them back!!
Can't you just ditch the auto tune, and put a regular carb on it?

My 550 besides bearings has lots of miles on it. Bearings were my fault btw. Ill just get another 550. Love my 562 also. I was told the stihl 50cc saw was good but i hate the feel of them. 346 is smaller than my 550 so dont want that
The original 346XP was 45cc. The new edition 346XP was 50cc (CS2153).

Jonsered has a $150 instant rebate through June 30th. Make sure your dealer gives it to you. Find one before they're gone. Bought my son a CS2258 (Husky 555) for $530 plus tax back in April. I think they're making the CS2252 under the Redmax name.

NYH1.

Back