Jonsered 2252AT Mods/ muffler mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkinslow

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a Jonsered 2252AT and was wondering about a MM and such. Will the AT correct itself and tune to it without burning my saw up. It's looked at in the muffler and it's pretty restrictive but it's also a sealed muffler that will be difficult to open up without trouble. I can braze of course and probably could handle separating it. But wanted some opinions on the AT and such. And yes I searched but everything bunches around what I'm trying to figure out

Just do the carb reset procedures in your manual right away after. It should have no problem adjusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AT should be able to adjust for the MM. Check threads on the 550/2253 models. These models seem to be more popular for people to modify, but I believe the mufflers should be similar. I have run a ported 545, husky version of a 2252, and it ran very close to a ported 550.

The AT should be able to adjust for the MM. Check threads on the 550/2253 models. These models seem to be more popular for people to modify, but I believe the mufflers should be similar. I have run a ported 545, husky version of a 2252, and it ran very close to a ported 550.
I'll try that. Thanks

The muffler is the same. Best thing to do is open up the port under the deflector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Jonsered 2252AT and was wondering about a MM and such. Will the AT correct itself and tune to it without burning my saw up. It's looked at in the muffler and it's pretty restrictive but it's also a sealed muffler that will be difficult to open up without trouble. I can braze of course and probably could handle separating it. But wanted some opinions on the AT and such. And yes I searched but everything bunches around what I'm trying to figure out
Had mine ported/mm by Brad, carb resets automatically . Like was mentioned before, very close to a ported 550xp

Fun saw when ported, small & fast

Latest posts

Back