Jonsered 451e

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyrooster

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello, I've got a Jonsered 451 that has a scored piston and cylinder. Does anyone know if you can still get pistons for this saw. I think the cylinder will clean up. If not is there any other pistons avalible that will work in this saw. Thanks for the help. Rick!

Hello, I've got a Jonsered 451 that has a scored piston and cylinder. Does anyone know if you can still get pistons for this saw. I think the cylinder will clean up. If not is there any other pistons avalible that will work in this saw. Thanks for the help. Rick!

Finding a piston would be kind of difficult. How bad is the piston, would a new ring be feasible or is it way passed that point?

Hi
I can send you a NOS piston Pt # 504-41-00.04 Made in Germany, complete with wristpin , clips and ring, .... 42 mm dia. piston by 34.5mm top of piston to bottom of skirt
wrist pin 10mm x 28.5 mm
Or a used piston for that,
send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll see If I can get some pictures off to you.
Regards

Rickyrooster.
Hows your Jred coming along, have you found a piston from a local dealer?
These were great little saws, a crew of six of us spent a year in the woods back in the late seventies with these saws. Never a problem, heated handles, .325 pitch chain and lots of revs.

Latest posts

Back